30 Day Shred= Done!

Options
On July 27th I committed to doing the 30 Day Shred. I had done a single day of the shred a few times, but never really gave it my all. It was hard, I sweated like a pig, I grunted and groaned, and threatened to kill Jillian Michaels. I modified what I couldn't do, then slowly started the unmodified versions of each exercise I struggled with, until I was successful. I originally wanted to do 30 days in a row, no breaks. However, I had to skip one day because of an illness, and then 2 in a row later because of missing the opportunity to use the computer/tv (I use youtube), and football was on those nights! So, it took a few more days than 30, but today was my last day! I did it! 30 days. And who would've thought..... I kinda enjoyed it. I lost about 3 pounds (which is great because I'm nearing maintenance); and several inches (not sure exactly how many because the last time I had measured was way back in February). I can tell a difference in my thighs, my waist, my arms. I feel stronger, have better endurance, and refuse to let my head tell my body that it needs to stop, when clearly I can do more. On September 1st, I will be starting Ripped in 30. I know I'll hate it, dread it, wanna quit.... but I won't. Just wanted to share!

Replies

• DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's amazing!! Good luck to you!
  • jagger27
    jagger27 Posts: 79
    Options
    You Go Girl!!! I am 2 days away from finishing Ripped...it is awesome too!!! I'm starting 6w6p next :) I'm so glad I stuck with it this time...I, like you, had only done her videos here and there...once I committed to doing a full 30 days...I was determined to do it...and I'm so excited about the results which is why I'm moving on to one of her other programs :) I'm sending you a FR so we can cheer each other on :)
  • aylawill
    aylawill Posts: 65
    Options
    Way to go! I just started the Shred for the first time, although I've done Ripped in 30 a few times.
  • lthomas10803
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS today and I'm super nervous! I have lost 20lbs since November on Weight Watchers but hit a huge plateau and decided to do the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge and the 30DS along with it. I'm really hoping this works to jumpstart my weight loss again.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! It really is a good workout that produces results!
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Congratulations. I've enjoyed it the few times I've done it. I use it when I can't get to a class at the gym.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!