Weight Loss Day

Options
Just curious, do you all have a special day for stepping on the scale? Do you do it weekly?

Replies

• Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am going for Sunday Morning, I started on Monday but think that Sunday is a good day for me as it I slightly over do the calories being a weekend then I can adjust in the week when I am usually very busy at work so have less time to think about food!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on thurs,
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day (not recommended for everyone, but it works for me), but I only log my weight on Fridays.
  • victoriaannewilliams
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I go to the bathroom. It may not be for everyone, but it keeps me motivated and accountable!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays are my official Weigh In day, but I do weigh myself every morning.
  • joannecooper63
    Options
    I tend to weigh daily at the moment. I find that when I have had a good weigh- in then I am better in the day time sticking to goals. I do feel I weigh too often but motivation is a great thing. When I have not done too well and I am a little heavier I know I have to get back into the healthier eating again. I'm new to this and still finding what works for me. I hope I will be confident enough with food choices soon so as to stop the daily weigh.
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh-in on Mondays or Tuesdays. I didn't this week though because I'm very bloated. I generally check the scales a few times a week just for accuracy.
  • sameervasta
    Options
    Friday mornings, 8am, right before my workout. That ensures that I have a good benchmark and I'm not subject to the vagaries of daily weigh-ins (with water retention and all) while making sure I have consistent motivation.

I used to weigh every day, but found that to be less motivating than a weekly one.
  • mlanggin88
    mlanggin88 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I weight my self daily. It really keeps me motivated. I have come to realize that when I see a high number I kick myself in gear quick and eat on plan. It doesn't work for everyone, and even some weeks (like this one) I am having a hard time. Depends on you. I weight every morning (in undies only) right after I wake up and use the restroom. My official weigh in day is on Fridays so I am able to enjoy the weekend a little.

Another thing I suggest is having certain days for scale day. I used to only weigh my self on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. That may work out for you. Try what you think will work and find the best thing for you.
  • hayleymc3
    hayleymc3 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning, when I first wake up!
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day just to keep on track...plus I'm a little OCD. LOL I only log weigh ins on Monday mornings becasue my weekends are the hardest part for me. I bordem eat really bad. If the scale doesn't show a drop I don't log either. I only log when i have a loss to show for it. When you start going a few weeks or months of not logging because you can't report a weight LOSS it helps to kick you into gear to work harder too. At least for me....