Anybody Else Do This?

Options
I find the thing that helps me stay motivated and avoid binging is to visualize what's happening in my body while I'm eating/after I've eaten. So when I'm chewing, I think about my teeth grinding the food into little bits, starting to break it down. Then when I swallow I see the muscles in my esophagus start working to push the food down to the stomach etc. (I tend to stop visualizing after the food hits my tummy).

I tend to concentrate really hard on the 'feeling' of eating, and I always get this sense of pride that I'm filling my body full of good, nutrient dense food that it needs. Then, when I'm done eating, I always feel this overwhelming sense of satisfaction (okay, a little euphoric) that THIS is the way we are supposed to eat - enough to sustain our bodies without gorging or filling it with crap.

That feeling always lasts me to the next meal. Anybody else, or am I just totally weird? :blushing:

Replies

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I find the thing that helps me stay motivated and avoid binging is to visualize what's happening in my body while I'm eating/after I've eaten. So when I'm chewing, I think about my teeth grinding the food into little bits, starting to break it down. Then when I swallow I see the muscles in my esophagus start working to push the food down to the stomach etc. (I tend to stop visualizing after the food hits my tummy).

I tend to concentrate really hard on the 'feeling' of eating, and I always get this sense of pride that I'm filling my body full of good, nutrient dense food that it needs. Then, when I'm done eating, I always feel this overwhelming sense of satisfaction (okay, a little euphoric) that THIS is the way we are supposed to eat - enough to sustain our bodies without gorging or filling it with crap.

That feeling always lasts me to the next meal. Anybody else, or am I just totally weird?

You are just totally weird:laugh: Just kidding!!!! I never looked at it this way very interesting

By the way, we call my niece Hanna Banana
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    You are just totally weird:laugh: Just kidding!!!! I never looked at it this way very interesting

Rofl. That's what I was afraid of. :sad:
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I don't quite think of it that way, but I do best keeping my portions good and my food healthy when I think of my body as a machine. My car wouldn't work so well if I poured in soda and beer and maybe a little gas every once in a while. Just like my body works much better if I eat lean proteins and whole grains and vegetables, and not donuts and candy.

-Alison