High Carb Percentage - Anyone Else..?

Options
Does anyone else find that they tend to intake a high percentage of carbs against fat or sugar?

What surprises me is the amount in fruit or healthy foods such as apples, grapes etc.

So, is it bad to high a higher carb intake than say sugar or fats when the food you are eating is good for you - e.g. fruit, veg, high fibre cereals, brown bread etc?

Replies

• Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with carbs. Refined carbs like processed sugar and white bread etc are not so great, but carbs from fruit and whole grains are good stuff. In fact high carbs diets have been shown to increase production of serotonin, making people feel happier.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Your carb intake will always be higher than your sugar intake because sugar is a carb.

Fat is a completely different issue.

High carbs in the form of healthy carbs are fine. However, you should make sure your diet is mostly balanced (getting a healthy amount of fat, protein and carbs).
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I would be more concerned with tracking and watching the ratio of protein, carbs and fats, in relation to calories overall.

Also, it is hard to know exactly what you are referencing, since your diary is not public. But, if you are going over carbs eating fruits then I wouldn't be concerned with it.

Are you using the default nutritional ratio for your Carbs, Proteins and Fats? You may want to change it. I find the ratio that works best for me is 40/40/20 or 40/30/30.
  • susyw_2003
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    So I shouldn't take a lot of notice to the amount of carbs in fruit because its good for you, unlike.. white bread or sugary cereals?
    So confusing sometimes because you hear carbs are bad for you and you should decrease your intake... then you hear that actually they are good for you and help you.. so many dietary myths!
  • susyw_2003
    Options
    Are you using the default nutritional ratio for your Carbs, Proteins and Fats? You may want to change it. I find the ratio that works best for me is 40/40/20 or 40/30/30

^ ill try this, i think the settings i may have it might be wrong for me, thank you.
  • 01nicegirl
    01nicegirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do you know how to change your Carb, Protein and Fat ratios on this app?
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    i think you need to take a nutrition class.