Newly Wed looking to shed

Options
Hi Everyone -

So this is my first time using fitnesspal or even trying a community for tracking what I do, eat, etc. I joined because I decided it's time to get a hold of my weight again. I've never been tiny, but athletic with curves, and I'm happy with that body type. But, with the stress of planning a wedding, moving to a new state, quitting my job in the middle of a recession, finding a new job, traveling too much for work, etc. I just lost my motivation to stay in shape. Now, my weight is at the highest it's ever been and I just don't like what I see in the mirror.

With that, I've decided to take charge. I joined a boot camp training class and my instructor is the one who turned me onto this site. I lack willpower so I'm turning to you guys to help me keep my spirits up. I'm day 2 in but I'm feeling good. I'm hoping to lose at least 5 or 10 lbs before the holiday so that I can see my efforts and work even harder to stay with it. Any hints and tips you guys can share I'm all ears. One thing to know is I have a weakness for going out and having cocktails with friends. I'm hoping that now with college football behind us I won't feel the urge to go out as much. Secret ordering tips? :drinker:

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome tcaldsimon, it's great that you are taking responsibility and this is definitely a great website to be on for reasons you mentioned. I can only say you might want to put going out for cocktails at least until you drop your desired weight or at the very least severely cut back until you are on maintenance mode just my opinion, unless you care to work out 12 hours a day:wink:All the Best.

Jason