In need of quick filling breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    I make an egg scramble with just eggs, frozen spinach, white mushrooms, and cheese. It's delicious!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Check out this breakfast quiche I make too if u click the link u can see the photo and recipe

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/196404-breakfast-quiche.html
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Nutrigrain waffles with fruit and sugarfree syrup

Oatmeal with fruit and almond milk (dried cranberries are awesome)

whole grain cereal and almond milk

protein shakes Use 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese with fruit to make a extra creamy one

I rotate these to keep from getting bored with breakfast

never thought I would like almond milk but I really do!!!
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Veggie scrambles! Every Sunday I dice a green pepper and an onion and chop broccoli into florets for a quick breakfast. Measurements on the veggies are up to you. It takes me longer to eat all of this then it does to cook.

Here's my quick routine:

1. Fry pan on the stove on medium heat.
    2. Pull ingredients out of fridge & pantry.
    - 3 eggs (can sub egg whites but I like the fat and don't have a cholesterol issue)
    - Diced green pepper
    - Diced onion
    - Broccoli florets
    - Milk (I prefer unsweetened almond milk)
    - Olive Oil
    3. Put the broccoli in a microwave safe bowl covered with plastic wrap. Microwave 1 minute.
    4. Put approx. 1 tsp oil in the fry pan.
    5. Pull broccoli from microwave.
    6. Put all veggies in the fry pan.
    7. While they cook, beat the 3 eggs with a splash of milk.
    8. Pour eggs into fry plan.

At this point I usually see if I can load/unload the dishwasher while it cooks. If it is a weekend, I'll make coffee instead.

When the eggs are cooked, you are ready to eat! I like some Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning on it. My husband, who doesn't care about salt, uses Ortega taco sauce.
  • jenniferbrubaker
    Options
    I have been eating smaller portions more often (I only get 1200 calories a day).
    Breakfast: 1 packet Quaker Oats peaches and cream oatmeal
    10am: Nutrigrain Bar
    Lunch: about 400 calories -example: 2 pcs of wheat bread toasted, 1/8 cup 2% cheese, microwave for 30 seconds. A healthier grilled cheese (no butter needed) and tomato soup
    2pm: banana or antoher packet of oatmeal

Then I'm good until my 5pm dinner :) hope this helps.
  • jenniferbrubaker
    Options
    yum, very nice ideas!! cruxthemystic
  • meg1hirschi
    Options
    Veggie scrambles! Every Sunday I dice a green pepper and an onion and chop broccoli into florets for a quick breakfast. Measurements on the veggies are up to you. It takes me longer to eat all of this then it does to cook.

Here's my quick routine:

1. Fry pan on the stove on medium heat.
    2. Pull ingredients out of fridge & pantry.
    - 3 eggs (can sub egg whites but I like the fat and don't have a cholesterol issue)
    - Diced green pepper
    - Diced onion
    - Broccoli florets
    - Milk (I prefer unsweetened almond milk)
    - Olive Oil
    3. Put the broccoli in a microwave safe bowl covered with plastic wrap. Microwave 1 minute.
    4. Put approx. 1 tsp oil in the fry pan.
    5. Pull broccoli from microwave.
    6. Put all veggies in the fry pan.
    7. While they cook, beat the 3 eggs with a splash of milk.
    8. Pour eggs into fry plan.

At this point I usually see if I can load/unload the dishwasher while it cooks. If it is a weekend, I'll make coffee instead.

When the eggs are cooked, you are ready to eat! I like some Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning on it. My husband, who doesn't care about salt, uses Ortega taco sauce.
    meal 3 i just have to try!
  • valdbuck
    valdbuck Posts: 15
    Options
    I usually make a smoothie. The ingredients sometimes vary, but this is my new favorite.

1 med banana
    1 scoop of Chocolate Whey protein powder
    1.5 cups of Vanilla almond milk (sweetened)
    2 ounces of natural vanilla yogurt
    3/4 cup of crushed ice

I just blend all the ingredients and pour into my cup and drink it on the drive to work. My version has 342 calories, but it will vary depending on the brands/types of protein, milk and yogurt you use.

This usually holds me until lunch. Now, I do have a little snack of raw veggies around 10:30 a.m.
  • jenniferbrubaker
    Options
    what does bump mean??
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    These all sound fantastic!
  • harlychic
    Options
    Whole wheat tortilla, add 2 tbs peanut butter, add one whole banana, ROLL AND GO @ 300 calories depends on amt of PB
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Once a week I make a large pot of steel cut oats and put them in 1 cup containers (2 servings) 300 calories and it fills me up I just mix it in with 1 serving of fat free greek yogurt but you can mix it with anything or nothing. Good filling meal.
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Bump for later ..these are great ideas!!
  • UrbanWild
    Options
    One I came up with myself:

HEALTHY BREAKFAST SANDWICH
    Van De Kamp's - 100% Whole Wheat English Muffins, 1 muffin
    Avocado - Half, 1 half, raw
    Oscar Meyer - Turkey Bacon-25% Less Sodium, 2 slice
    Trader Joes - Lowfat Cottage Cheese, 1/4 cup

Toast muffin, slice up avocado, cook bacon until crispy and pat dry with paper towel.

CAL: 383 CARBS: 37 FAT: 23 PROTEIN: 20 SODIUM: 697 FIBER: 10

A lot of fat, but the 14g. from the avocado is healthy fat. There's actually less fat in the bacon!
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    bump
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    B
    u
    m
    p
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this !

This weekend my husband and I came up with a make-ahead recipe for breakfast quiche "muffins". Despite the name, they're not actual muffins. We just made them in muffin tins. We discovered they tasted WONDERFUL and this morning found out they heat up fantastically. Just microwave for 45-50 seconds and you're good to go!

Here's the recipe for 12 muffins:

4 whole eggs
    8 egg whites
    1 cup Jimmy Dean's Turkey sausage crumbles
    1/2 cup shredded cheese (we used marble jack)
    1 cup chopped broccoli
    1/2 cup chopped green pepper
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1/2 tbsp veggie oil
    1/2 tsp baking powder salt and pepper (to taste)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pam muffin tin. Sautee veggies and brown sausage (use a little olive oil if necessary). Combine eggs, egg whites, milk, oil, cheese, and baking powder in a bowl. Evenly divide veggie/sausage mixture in muffin tin. Then evenly divide egg mixture over the veggie/sausage mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

Per serving (1 muffin): 74 calories, 2 carbs, 4 grams fat, 8 grams protein, 182 grams of sodium

You can substitute any veggies if you like or add more cheese. Just remember to adjust the nutritional content.

Enjoy!

THIS I copied from another post, love it. So easy to make & then it takes just a few seconds to microwave in the morning.
  • KaraCSims
    Options
    South Beach "Spinach Quiche Cups" and then a couple small slices of canadian bacon. Keeps me happy until lunch. Cheers!
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I agree whenever I have cereal I am hungry quicker. When I have toast or oatmeal it last.
    My favorites - I found these bagel bars from Costco, called Energy Bagels. Basically cinnamon bagel dough stuffed with nuts and dried fruits, 216 calories per. I toast them and spread with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
    Greek yogurt, Fage with fruit is my favorite.
    2 eggs with whatever veggies I have laying around.

Keep in mind, the higher protein, the longer you are going to feel full from something. Cereal will leave you starving in a couple of hours, but eggs and toast will keep your tummy happy. Oatmeal is pretty great for that too :)
  • snwills32
    Options
    Greek yogurt + banana is my go-to meal