New to myfitnesspal and looking for some tips/ideas~

Options
2»

Replies

• mandlteam
    Options
    I just started as well, and the after dinner sugar rush is my biggest enemy. I've tried some ...well I wouldn't call them healthy but some better alternatives items that have worked for me are the 100 calories snack packs, I also tried this weekend the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (only 150 Cal) and kozy shack rice pudding (only 70cal). I usually try to save some calories towards the end of the night so I can have my night time sweets...though I hope to eventually wean myself off of this habit. Friend me and well see how it worked for me this week...my 1st weigh-in is Friday.

Good luck on your Journey!
  • laurie7075
    laurie7075 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So funny you mention Skinny Cow. I just had dinner and as always I "need" something sweet to top it off. I bought a little 6 oz cup of Skinny Cow low fat ice cream (caramel cone) and was eating it as I read your comment. Only 160 calories in caramel cone flavor.
  • NEKrebel
    NEKrebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Found link to this website on "the other" program Facebook page. I just joined that one on 8/26 and having a bit of trouble finding info I need. And am HUNGRY. I'm hoping with the two sites I can develop a good program for myself. One of the problems is I can't find info specific to the elderly - especially exercise ideas. Any tips?
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Fudge bars are awesome-no sugar and only 110 calories.
    Track and log, find a circle of supporters and reciprocate what you are getting from everyone...
    I like Fage yogurt- it's a bit more expensive but it is sooo creamy and filling.... and satisfies-- I actually prefer it over say ice cream.
    Put a little trail mix in it with some honey- and WOWSA! YUMMY~

Anyway- lean protein, fruits and veggies and low fat/calorie options to really satisfy the sweet tooth...
    Track and log... can't say that enough!
    Gradually things will start to shift... oh yeah- and find activities you enjoy that will allow you to get cardio in several times a week.

Feel free to add me... I support those in my corner!