Curious! What motivates you more?

Options
What motivates you more? Seeing the numbers go down on the scale, or the physical changes you see in the mirror? Or fitting into those jeans you haven't been able to wear lately?

Replies

• sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    The mirror....And the fact that my someone told my bf that I wouldn't look good in a two piece. :angry:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Right now it's the numbers on the scale since I just seem to have broken a plateau that I've been on the last few weeks. But normally it's more the way clothes fit.
  • turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My gym clothes motivates me!!
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Clothes motivate me. When I go shopping and I know something will suit me now that wouldn't have last year. And having to do down a jean size or a bra back size. Those changing room 360 mirrors are still pretty harsh! I do like seeing scales progress too as Im on the last 10lbs or so and its so..so..slow :D
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Def clothes! The mirror takes so long for me to see any changes in.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Physical changes, definitely. The number on the scale means nothing. How I look and feel is everything.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Numbers on the scale.
  • 1ahcj
    1ahcj Posts: 10
    Options
    Well right now nothing is motivating me becasuse I am too lazy to exercise! I haven't exercised in a year and it is soooo hard to start back! I would think the clothes would motivate me cause all mind are too tight!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Either the mirror or the jeans... probably the jeans. That'll happen first. :P
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    The dreaded Bathing suit. This is the last year I wear a granny suit!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The way my clothes fit! I also tend to appreciate the reflection in the mirror each morning instead of avoiding it! :tongue:
    But I won't deny I Love seeing the number change on the scale occasionally.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Clothes! I'm wearing sizes I never thought possible for me to wear, and so every time that is re-affirmed, either in a dressing room or in my closet, I get giddy and re-energized :smile:
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My look in the mirror. The numbers help, but that's a side motivation.
  • TeresaOH1
    TeresaOH1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Clothes! For sure. The mirror is not my friend - I ALWAYS think I look great. I have to take a picture and then look at it to see the real me! I don't like when I gain though - no matter what my clothes are saying!
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    Clothing for sure! I was a tight 28 shirt and pants and I am down to an 18-20 or 22-24 shirt (depending on the brand)
    and a 22 pants.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    As much as I'd like to say what I see in the mirror- the sad truth is the number on the scale means a lot to me (i know it shouldn't)

Although, fitting into smaller jeans and clothes is an awesome feeling all in itself- that is a huge factor for me.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Mirror.
  • TeresaOH1
    TeresaOH1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey 1achj, I understand where you are at!!! Exercise is soo hard for me (aside from walking the dogs - because I HAVE TO). I know food and exercise is important. My plan is to get the food going well and a habit before trying to get the exercise in. I know that isn't what "experts" say - but.... I just know myself.

Maybe that will help? Teresa
  • bahlquist
    Options
    Measurments
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Fitting into clothes that have been sitting in my closet for years. Some still have freakin tags on them!!!!

I just got rid of 3 garbage bags worth of clothes to the local DI. I was able to consolidate from 2 closets to 1 1/2 now and 6 dresser drawers to 4. Can't wait to fit into that next size I have hanging in my "Spare" closet!!