Dead by 5

Options
This has only recently started, so I'm unsure if it's because I've increased my cardio or morning wake ups, or because I'm doing something wrong.

I've started aiming for around 1700 calories a day, which is not only my "Lightly active" MFP setting plus exercise calories most days, but my TDEE - 20% (ish).

I don`t usually do carbs often, but the past few weeks I`ve been trying to do quinoa and gluten free stuff when I do choose to indulge (except for pizza. That`s real italian dough).

I`ve started waking up at 545am to do Ripped in 30, and upped my weights (to a whole 5lbs! *sigh*) and started doing 25 minutes on the Gazelle after Jillian kills me. Then I walk home from work, which is 23 minutes at a pace that leaves me comfortably short of breath, but not gasping. I could carry on a (winded) conversation if I had to. I usually get to bed by 10, sleep by 1030. Which is about normal for me.

But.... by the time I get home, I have to have a lay down, and usually end up taking a cat nap before I can even think of making dinner. Which usually must be followed by a snack, so I muster up the energy to make dinner.

I think I just answered my own question, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions I would gladly appreciate them.

Replies

• ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No One =(
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    My opinion is its a side effect to the lower carbs.. It happens and is known to cause tiredness in those who eat low carb type diets.. I eat a lower carb diet and not really much of a big deal to me, it hits me around 3pm or so I work out at 4:30 am

Try your best to get as much sleep as possible and energy doesn't hurt either.. The Mio Energy water mix works good as well as the various crystal light type energy water mixture packets

There is always coffee as well.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Vitamin b12 like 1000mcgs to 2000mcgs gives off 5 hours of energy. I get the Bluebonnet brand (some brands don't work) and dissolve under my tongue. Other than that, if you need a nap, take a nap and don't beat yourself up about it. I get that way from time to time, I blame my time of the month, hormones or auto immune stuff (like thyroid or stomach condition). Instead of fighting it, I just nap and get up and do what I need to do, no biggie : )
  • ladykaisa
    Options
    Thanks! I just feel like a kid, begging for naptime before dinner. I'll try the B12, and look into Mio Energy :)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    A nap sounds good....
  • ladykaisa
    Options
    naps are awesome, i will say. nothing beats a quiet house and a warm bed :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    So, you're tired 11 hours after you wake up. Yeah, sounds about right. I dunno, try a little exercise at 5, sometimes it perks me up.
  • ladykaisa
    Options
    So, you're tired 11 hours after you wake up. Yeah, sounds about right. I dunno, try a little exercise at 5, sometimes it perks me up.

That'd be my walk home from 5-525 ;) It's after that that I collapse. I guess I'm just being overanalytical and believing I'm superwoman. *sigh*
  • iAMsmiling
    Options
    Wow. This place really can be inspiring!

I just got up from a 30 minute nap.
  • ladykaisa
    Options
    Wow. This place really can be inspiring!

I just got up from a 30 minute nap.

*thumbs up* I'm about to go down for one ;)
  • ladykaisa
    Options
    quote]
  • iAMsmiling
    Options
    tumblr_m9jd8nK3VN1roqv59o1_500.png
    [/quote]

I'm actually thinking a 30 minute nap at lunch every day might be a good part of my plan.