Vegan

Options
:smile: Is anyone Vegan, looking for low fat recipes
Thank you

Replies

• Liverpool_Chris
    Liverpool_Chris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, I used to be veggie and have decided that it where I want to go again. Try this for a delicious meal. I made it tonight and had it with some steamed broccoli and crusty bread. Still feels slightly decadent and was gorgeous!

Vegan bourguignon

7fl.oz (200ml) vegan red wine
    8oz (22g) carrots sliced
    8oz (225g) onions chopped
    1lb (450g) potatoes diced
    4oz (100g) mushrooms chopped
    Plain flour (white or wholemeal)
    3oz (75g) frozen peas or green beans
    Golden Syrup
    5fl oz (125ml) Vegetable Stock
    Tomato Puree
    Bay Leaf

Preheat oven to 375 farenheit or 190 celsius

Fry the onions and carrots in 1tbsp of olive oil for a few minutes, add the potatoes, mushrooms and 1tsp of golden syrup. Cook for 3-4 minutes.

Add 1tbsp flour and stir. Pour the red wine and veg stock in and stir well. Add 2 tbsp of tomato puree, bay leaf and a little salt and pepper. Stir and cook for a few minutes.

Put the mixture into a large casserole dish and place in oven. After 30 mins add the peas or beans and stir. Put back in oven for another 30 mins.
  • Liverpool_Chris
    Liverpool_Chris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    And for a delicous "Quinoa & Butternut Squash Salad with Cranberries" try this.

1 medium butternut squash (or other hard winter squash), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces

1 cup uncooked quinoa

2 cups water

1 onion, diced

4-5 tablespoons white wine vinegar

2 tablespoons olive oil

Zest of one orange*

1/2 teaspoon coriander

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1 teaspoon cumin

1 teaspoon salt

1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed

1/2 cup dried cranberries**

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss squash and onion with a bit of olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Roast vegetables, stirring occasionally, until tender – about 30 minutes. Allow to cool before combining with other ingredients.
    Place the quinoa and 2 cups of water in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until all the water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
    In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, zest (if using), spices, and 1 teaspoon salt. In a large bowl, combine squash and onions, quinoa, garbanzo, and dried fruit. Pour on the dressing and stir to combine. Taste to check seasoning. This salad can be served room temperature or cold.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    http://fatfreevegan.com/

I am assuming here that you want low-fat vegan recipes, not just that you are looking for vegan recipes assuming they will be low fat--many of them are not.