Intermittent Fasting/Eat Stop Eat

Options
Has anyone read Eat Stop Eat and tried it? Today is my first fast and I was wondering if anyone has any feedback/advice.

Replies

• DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I read it a couple weeks ago. My first day of fasting (dinner to dinner) was really easy and comfortable.

Then, the second day was a bit harder. On Monday I fasted and REALLY BATTLED, so I had a beef and vegetable cup-of-soup -that did the trick and I manager the rest of the day until dinner.

I think you must just listen to your body, and if you need to have a little something you are still achieving the low calorie benefit, if not the total fat burning benefit.

I have heard it gets easier the more you do it.

I am fasting today and it is going well. Whenever I think about eating, I just grab my tummy flab and remind myself what food did to me in the first place !!! :sick:

It seems to help :laugh:

Good luck with your journey.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF with an eat stop eat approach for just over 1 month and recorded the following progress:

Change between 1st August and today,

Belly 45" down to 43"
    Hips 43" down to 40.5"
    Chest 44" down to 42.5"
    Body fat percentage 30.8% down to 28.5%.

Weight change in August 95.1kg down to 90.5kg
  • angelmma
    angelmma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was doing IF about 3 16/8 3 days a week and attempted the 24 hour fast on sat (I knew I would be having wine etc on sat night so didn't wanna undo all my good work so decided to try the 24 fast) I done a great workout and received an email from
    A friend of mine that is a great trainer and he told me that his female clients weren't losing weight on it. Now I had done it for 2 weeks 3 days a week one week 5 days and I actually put on weight. I don't know why this is. I know that men on IF have been having great results. One thing i will say is that I didn't really have any cravings and had enough energy.
  • Kaecklund
    Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    After my 1st 24 hour fast I had so much energy. So much that I wasn't tired at 10pm but managed to fall asleep, but woke a couple times in the middle of the night and then again at 4 ready to start my day. Made myself sleep but it was a light sleep. I felt fine after 24 hours and when I ate dinner I felt full quickly. I follow a couple of fitness gurus who use IF and they both swear by it, I'm going to continue to give it a try - I did read your article and will keep that caution in mind and listen to my body. I did the 16 hour fasts daily with success, but I am going to do one to two 24 hr fasts a week. Thanks for your responses. Any more success/non successful stories, especially from women, I'd really love to hear!
  • MissChriss_
    MissChriss_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kaecklund wrote: »
    Has anyone read Eat Stop Eat and tried it? Today is my first fast and I was wondering if anyone has any feedback/advice.

I wouldn't recommend you to fast if you have low body fat %. Studies now say that fasting affects menstruation in lean women.