Suggestions on eating healthier please!

ckemmis
ckemmis Posts: 51 Member
I would love to start eating healthier, the problem is that my family like to make (sometimes) unhealthy meals, I'm a broke college student, and I'm not a big fan of a lot of healthy foods. I don't sit around eating chips and candy all day, but I love meat, starches, veggies and fruits. Any suggestions?

Replies

• aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    I would love to start eating healthier, the problem is that my family like to make (sometimes) unhealthy meals, I'm a broke college student, and I'm not a big fan of a lot of healthy foods. I don't sit around eating chips and candy all day, but I love meat, starches, veggies and fruits. Any suggestions?

Protein+starch+veggies/fruits sounds like a healthy meal to me. It all depends on how you prepare it. Learn to cook. It's a lot healthier. What do you define as "healthy food"? All "food" are healthy. It's what we do to them and how we consume them that is unhealthy.

For example, a piece of chicken breast grilled or roasted with a medley of roasted veggies and potatoes is a perfectly healthy meal if you don't doused it in oil and salt (you can drizzle conservatively to enhance flavor). One the other hand, deep fried chicken tenders and french fried (even if made at home) is an unhealthy meal.

It's all about balance and making "healthy choices".