I don't get it.

Options
So, I started on MFP eating 1200, and quickly went to 1400-ish. I lost 7lb around that number. I have an active job (only sit down on my 45 min break) and so after reading more on here, I started upping my calories. I got to 1722 and kept at that for a month. I gained 3lb, and just kept bouncing around the same number.

The past week I've had literally NO money, and had to borrow some for electric, travel to work, and food. I get free food at work, but I usually take my own as it's a fast food restaurant. This past week having no money, I've been eating at work and been over my goal pretty much every day. About 3 days this week I've been over 2000 calories.

Weighed myself this morning for the first time in just over a week to see how much I'd gained and would have to shift once I get paid and get back to eating healthier... and I've lost 1lb.

1400-ish = lose weight.
1700-ish = maintain pretty much.
1900+ = lost 1lb.

Is this just a fluke or what? I workout a couple of times a week (usually just at the weekends as I'm exhausted & fall asleep on my way home after work lol) just walking my dog, some eliptical and using my kettlebell.

Stats: 5'4". 149.4lb. Current goal is 1622 (250 less than my supposed maintenance which is meant to be 1800-1900).

:noway:

Replies

• taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 133-ish, by the way.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Read this. Figure out what your TDEE is, then eat 20% less than that.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the TDEE spreasheet a while back. That's where I got my 1722 number from. It tells me though that my maintenance is 1900ish. But on 1722 I was gaining/maintaining.
  • bright_and_shiny
    Options
    1lb is small enough to be a fluke - our weight can fluctuate by more than that in a day depending on things like fluid intake and excretions etc. I'd ignore that for now, and aim to get back to your goal when it's possible for you to do so.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    wish i could help. i lost my weight at 1350, started maintaining at 1450, then ate terribly for a week and gained a few lbs back. decided to go back to 1350 and didn't lose any weight after two weeks, even though that's what i lost weight at before. the body is a wondrous thing, haha.

but i do agree that 1lb could just be a fluke. if you continued to eat this much and lose 1lb every week, then that would be something different.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are logging food and exercise correctly?