81lbs down and closer to my 100lb goal...pics

Options
misslegz
misslegz Posts: 196 Member
This is bitter sweet for sure.

My lifestyle changed 10 months ago on October 25, 2011. I had no serious healthy conditions...no high blood pressure and from most aspects I was pretty healthy except for weighing 255 lbs and being a size 24. Granted, my ankles really did hurt me a lot and I was not able to sit on them or stay crouched down on them very long. If I did it was so painful to get up.

It started as me being a supportive daughter and walking on the treadmill as a support system for my parents who started to do this also. I only set my goal as 25 lbs since I never thought in a million years I could that. After the first week of walking for 25 minutes on it and starting to watch what I ate a little closer I had lost 6 lbs. I was so excited that I thought...I can do this. well by Decemeber 18 I had reached 24 lbs lost and thought.....no way I am stopping now. I increased my goal to 60 lbs and my May 20th I reached that goal. I will never forget the day I sa 199 on the scale. That was a spectacular day!!

As of now I have lost 81lbs by logging all my foods and exercising 6 days a week with walking, running and strength training.

My overall goal is to shed 100lbs by my 1 year anniversary on MFP....so 19 lbs to go and maybe more!

Before.....255lbs.....

before.jpg

before face.....

yuck.jpg

NOW....174lbs

MEFULL.jpg

metoday.jpg

12309460.png

Replies

• ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • Cathcandoo
    Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow, girl! You are a serious inspiration! I know you feel like if you can do it - anyone can do it...and it is true! Your dedication is proof that anyone can do it if they set their mind to it....so anyone seeing this transformation know that this can be you also - standing there so close to your goal smiling because you have the world by the tail!

What a fabulous feeling that must be, my friend! I look forward to posting my success story - but thank you for sharing yours with us. This is in all of us to do but sometimes we need these reminders as motivation!

You are awesome, Chicklit! (That gum always was my fave when I was young - it made me smile every time!)
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nothing bitter about that. :smile:
  • heaterrr
    heaterrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You're such another inspiration to me that I CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! We are so similar!! Started out about the same weight and size, and looking to lose the same amount in the same amount of time (you're just a couple of months ahead of me :wink: ) . Glad to see that I'm not alone, and it's still possible! You look wonderful!!! Congrats!! 199 was wonderful for me too! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Goldielocs77
    Options
    Awesome! You look great! Congrats on your success!!!
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My god - you look FABULOUS! Very inspirational - thanks for posting!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You're doing great and look awesome! Congrats on the hard work!
  • kizzaii
    kizzaii Posts: 52
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! :) well done
  • crystut03
    crystut03 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    good job! you look great!
  • HakunaMatata519
    HakunaMatata519 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look lovely! Good luck with the last pounds!!
  • misslegz
    misslegz Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow, girl! You are a serious inspiration! I know you feel like if you can do it - anyone can do it...and it is true! Your dedication is proof that anyone can do it if they set their mind to it....so anyone seeing this transformation know that this can be you also - standing there so close to your goal smiling because you have the world by the tail!

What a fabulous feeling that must be, my friend! I look forward to posting my success story - but thank you for sharing yours with us. This is in all of us to do but sometimes we need these reminders as motivation!

You are awesome, Chicklit! (That gum always was my fave when I was young - it made me smile every time!)

I love you!! So glad I met you!! I am with you every step of the way girl!!
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    Amazing, a true Inspiration. thank you very much for sharing your story x
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Good for you, great family story!
  • MonRJenki
    Options
    I Just recently started My Journey of Losing Weight SERIOUSLY this time...!! I want to THANK YOU for sharing your story and photos because it really helps to keep me going! I currently weight 220 lbs and I'm looking forward to being 175 lbs.
  • thistime38
    Options
    you look amazing!!! Way to go!
  • DaNae9402
    DaNae9402 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Inspiring! Can't wait to see results like yours!
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    AMAZING WORK!! Congrats on your success!! You look beautiful!! Happy and healthy!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!