Greetings!

Nickstery
Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone!

I'm Nick, 27 and looking to loose some of my former self. I currently weight 257 and want to get down to 200 or 180. I'm not sure which one yet but I will get there. I am doing this with and for my beautiful Fiance Kara. She is my inspiration for everything since we met about 1 year ago 12/12/08. We decided we are going for the Couch to 5k run that we want to be able to run in May of 2010. I have never been a runner so I am really wanting to do this!! I just gotta make sure I keep myself in check and this website should help me see what it is that I"m eating and keep me honest.

Anyone have any tips for a first time runner? My ankle seems to be a little sore form when I injured it about 2 years ago.

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Hey Nick-- welcome-- and best to you on this journey-- I have no wisdom for you on the running. However, I'm always nutso about form. Make sure you land 'heel, toe, heel, toe" and keep your core strong. I ran my first 5k in April and have run 2 since then-- it's amazing.

Lots of people here have done great on the C25k program-- there's even a thread here for them-- I think-- you should be able to find all the support you need.
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    It reminds me of the way we use to run when in grade school
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    It reminds me of the way we use to run when in grade school

Hmmm-- don't remember that-- but my grade school years were a teensy bit before yours-- just a smidge. :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.