Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Hey everyone,

I am looking for a good heart rate monitor to wear while working out and through out the day. First, is it better to to this with a watch or one that I can wear around my arm?

Second, do you guys (And by guys I mean girls and boys. :bigsmile: ) recommend any brands/styles? I am making a list for christmas for the in-laws and I want to be specific.

Thanks for any help:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tvfit
    tvfit Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you use the Search feature above, you'll find many threads on this. I love my Polar HRM. Get one with a chest strap. It's not uncomfortable and much more accurate. Good luck!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I would suggest one with a chest strap, they say they're the most reliable. Polars are probably the most popular. I have a Timex Unisex HRM. It works great, I love it.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I have a nikey Imara. I love mine too, although I found programming it a little clumsy. Maybe I was clumsy...?
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hey Jessica! :) I love my Polar F6! It works fantastically! :tongue: The chest strap is comfortable, even when you have to slip it under your bra a little bit. The watch unit isn't bothersome either. It's very easy to use and understand. :smile:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have heard of the polars but I will check out those other two brands too!
  • KellifromKeller
    Options
    I love my Polar, do your research on it, look at reviews for which ever brand and model you decide to go with and get a warranty for it!

Whichever ever brand you decide to go with, make sure you get one that the band is codded to the receiver, other wise you may pick up other peoples heart rates and not yours! :-/