Thrift Store Shopping!

Options
OnionMomma
OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
Am I the only one that loves this. I <3 my local Salvation Army and their 1/2 price Wednesdays!!!

Today I got (for me) 4 skirts, 6 shirts (4 of them dressy shirts), 2 Capris (1 a dress pair) and a pair of jeans for my son!! Almost all of what I got was from dressy shops like B.Moss, Limited, and such. Great haul today. I paid just shy of $30.00!!!!!

Replies

• Mnm1983
    Mnm1983 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    <<<LOVES Thrift Stores!!!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I work at a food bank that partners with the thrift store next door. I get 50% off :) and since I'm there just about every day, first dibs!
  • Mnm1983
    Mnm1983 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I work at a food bank that partners with the thrift store next door. I get 50% off :) and since I'm there just about every day, first dibs!

Thats a plus for sure!!!
  • OnionMomma
    Options

That totally rocks!!

I also got 2 hard back books today, forgot about those.

All of my son's schools clothes have come from there too, he wears uniforms, so this was no easy feat!
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I Love thrift store shopping!!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love thrift stores! Amvets, Salvation Army, Goodwill, Savers! They are all good! Salvation Army hangs their items by type and color so if you want a red sweater they are all together - LOVE IT! Savers is great too, but a little more expensive on name brands. I bought a pair of holister track pants for $7 at Savers and then went to Amvets and bought the identical ones for $4. But you never know what you are going to find. It's bargain shopping at its best :happy:

My daughter teaches 4th grade and her school doesn't supply any books for the kids so my daughter found a whole bunch......we're talking 200 books at the local Amvets. When the manager found out what she was using them for he gave them all to her for $10. She almost hugged him.
  • fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Almost every single time we go out to a thrift store or Goodwill, we spend over 100$. I LOVE re-sale shops, haha. And everything is always super cheap, so you get like 4 times the stuff you would at a normal store for the same price. I also find that shopping at thrift stores and stuff, I always find things that fit my style. But if I walk into Target and look for a new outfit, everything is just... not for me. Haha.
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    you kidding me? give me 30$ and i'll be in there for HOURS.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I too love thrift stores and the Goodwill on Thurs. senior day 20% off and of course their half off of a certain color ticket. Can't beat it!
  • happypath101
    Options
    I LOVE thrift stores and consignment stores and garage sales, even. Last summer I got a brand new pair of dark brown suede flats for $2.00. They still had the price tag on them - $79.99!!!! I recently scored a gorgeous trench coat and a leather jacket for $15.00 a peice.

Also, if your size is really changing this is a great way to keep your warddrobe in step with your new size and not break the bank. (You're usually supporting a charity as well.)
  • OnionMomma
    Options

My husband gave me an hour time limit, we were there for about 15 mins over it!! LOL

He did help me though. He stands outside the fitting room re hanging the things I don't want or folding the things I do want and putting them in the cart. Speeds things up!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    With the way my 3 teen boys are growing, I'd be bankrupt if no for thrift stores!
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    LOV THEM! I get half off every Friday at the Thrift stores here with member card. And, what better way to clothes shop for smaller clothing than at a thrift store where you pay 1/10 of what you would pay elsewhere.....especially if you are going down several sizes like I am!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love thrift stores too! Last month I went to Michigan on a business trip, and I was so excited to hunt down the thrift stores in the area, lol. Good thing I had a rental car, because I bought so much great stuff there is no way I could have carried it all on a plane :-)
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    always!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love thrift store shopping...
  • OnionMomma
    Options
    Also, if your size is really changing this is a great way to keep your warddrobe in step with your new size and not break the bank. (You're usually supporting a charity as well.)

^^Yes this!!!! I still have all my skinny clothes but probably won't make it to there till spring or next summer. I needed stuff badly. My capris, well, I can pull them off without unzipping or unbuttoning them. And I am constantly pulling them up!!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

My husband gave me an hour time limit, we were there for about 15 mins over it!! LOL

He did help me though. He stands outside the fitting room re hanging the things I don't want or folding the things I do want and putting them in the cart. Speeds things up!!

My hubby does this too :happy:
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Got a Salvation Army thrift shop here, and never knew about half-price Wednesdays. Should check it out!
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    two thumbs up on thrift stores!!!