5 year addiction to Starbucks

2»

Replies

• dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    I'm a Starbucks addict, too. I did switch from mochas to iced coffee with breve which only has about 80 calories in a grande instead of the 480 something I was consuming for grande drinks. It took awhile to adjust but now I love them.

Like others suggested, try switching to soy or nonfat milk and ask them to use the sugar free syrup instead. That will save you quite a few calories.

Also, even though I know how hard it is, you can try cutting back on it and just going 4 times a week, then 3 times, until you're down to just once a week so splurging on your favorite drink doesn't ruin your whole week. I used to go every day and was earning free drinks like crazy but now I've trimmed it down to just once or twice a week.

Check out their website for all the nutrition information: http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/nutrition?drink=all#view_control=nutrition
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I have a medium cappuccino most days, but usually from Costa, only occasionally from Starbucks. I try to sometimes swap it out for tea or just americano, but I must admit, I have a bit of a cappuccino addiction myself. I just enjoy sitting in cafes, for a start, and love the frothy tops.
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Addict here too. I won't be giving up the habit though...I enjoy it way too much. I'm not that concerned with what I normally get because I don't drink the sugary drinks with lots of flavors or caramel/chocolate drizzle. I like my coffee strong and black. If I get anything else it's a soy latte. The max amount of sugar in the grande soy latte is 17 grams and around 170 calories. You could always try the sugar free vanilla syrup or just no syrup at all in your chai latte. It may be beneficial to ask how many pumps of chai they use as well. I asked how many pumps of vanilla syrup went in to a venti vanilla latte and was told 6. That seems like a lot.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    I believe venti drinks typically have 6 pumps, grandes have 4, and talls have 2 pumps.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    This is just me, but I don't think it's worth paying 4+ dollars for a drink where I'm getting less pumps. I just cut back my visits to Starbucks, and when I do go for a treat I get the drink exactly the way I like it and enjoy it to the last drop.