I need a pizza dough or flatbread recipe anyone?

Options
Sprmc47
Sprmc47 Posts: 82 Member
Every Saturday night for my family is pizza night, whether we buy and back it, order it, or make it, the calories are ridiculous if you have more than on piece. I am a guy who needs more then one piece, please.... I tried making this crappy flatbread that I miscalculated and thought it was 200 something for the 12 inch flatbread pizza and it was around 500. Damn..... I found low cal sauce and fat free cheese and turkey sausage, I just need the underneath... THE C-R-U-S-T..... Anyone please help... ok maybe dramatic but I just want some quilt free pizza when the rest of my 3 kids and wife family has theirs. I know, I know, wa wa for me.

800-pizza-help - :sad:

Replies

• jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I use this recipe http://goodcheapeats.com/2009/07/basic-homemade-pizza/. Not necessarily low cal, but you can halve the recipe and roll it thinner to cut some out. :)
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I buy whole wheat pizza dough and use about 5 oz and roll it our very thin. I don't put
    any protein and only use 1oz of feta cheese. Lots of veggies. I get to eat the whole
    pizza for about 700-800 calories. I eat it on my exercise day.
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Athenos - Feta Cheese Tomato and Basil Chunk, 1 oz (28g) 70 1 6 5 0 0
    Stop & Shop - Frozen Broccoli Florets, 6 Florets (85g) 45 6 0 2 3 3
    Olive Oil - Bertolli - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tbsp 120 0 14 0 0 0
    Stop & Shop - Butternut Squash (Frozen), 1 Cup (85g) 70 18 0 2 2 4
    Tastefully Simple - Garlic Garlic, 1 tbsp 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Stop N Shop - Raw Whole Wheat Pizza Dough, 5 oz 350 63 8 10 1 3
    Stop and Shop - 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese, 2 tbsp 40 0 3 4 0 0
    Seafood - Broiled Salmon, 3.6 oz 141 0 6 20 0 0
    Red Bell Pepper - Red Bell Pepper, 0.5 pepper 15 4 0 1 1 2

851 calories- I hope you like it.
  • betancourta229
    betancourta229 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I use the 100 calorie tortillas bake it in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes then add ingredients( this lets it get crispy first.) Then add mostly vegetables, then low cal meat or sparingly add other meat. Bake it for a few minutes longer until it is all cooked. Let it sit for a minute on a cooling rack and then you have a yummy thin crust pizza. Mine is about 450 calories! If you want to go up to 700-800 Bobolli makes a good mini crust that taste more like "real" pizza.
  • Cschwarze45
    Cschwarze45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1 ½ cups warm water
    2 Tablespoons sugar
    1 Tablespoon yeast
    1 ½ teaspoons salt
    2 Tablespoons olive oil
    4 cups flour

Proof yeast in water and sugar for about 10 minutes. Add salt and oil. Stir in flour 1 cup at a time. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Cover and let rise for 1 hour. Makes dough for two 12” pizzas.

This one is easy. Also, add a little zip to your sauce: (1 sm. can tomato sauce, 1 sm. can tomato paste, 1 T. ground oregano, 1 T. dried leaf oregano, 1 t. sugar, garlic and onion, salt) by adding a few shakes of Franks Red Hot.

Course, this isn't calorie free, but you have control over the thickness.

Hope this works for you!
  • cambridgegirl309
    cambridgegirl309 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't eat cheese, but if I did I'd use this recipe ... http://www.thelondoner.me/2012/05/proper-pizzas.html
  • Piahia
    Piahia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Crust. I haven't tried it yet, but I've come across a lot of recipes like this on the internet.

http://www.scottiehobbs.com/healthy-pizza-cauliflower-crust/
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Here is what the hubby and I make.

Pizza Crust (this recipe makes two crusts so macros below are for one pizza)
    1 package of yeast
    ½ tsp lite salt (you can use regular salt also but it increase the sodium/saltiness)
    2 cups whole wheat flour
    ¾ cup water

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Dissolve yeast in water for 10 minutes. Mix all ingredients and form dough. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Comes out better on a baking stone (but don’t preheat the stone). Make sure whatever form you use to rub down the stone/baking sheet with olive oil so it won't stick (this crust sticks a little more...)
    For ONE pizza crust, 760 calories, 148g carbs, 4g fat, 32g protein, 580mg sodium, 0 cholesterol

EDIT: Adding sauce and topping ideas we have done also. :-)

Sauce Recipe (3/4 cup servings)
    12 roma tomatoes (if you use other tomatoes, account for the size to increase as needed)
    1 red bell pepper (or green) chopped
    ½ of a medium white or yellow onion chopped
    6 mushrooms sliced (or more if you prefer)
    4 garlic cloves minced or pressed
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    Basil, black pepper, fennel seed (whichever amounts you prefer to taste)
    Blender
    Boil tomatoes whole for 10 minutes
    Olive oil

Boil a large pot of water. Boil tomatoes whole for about 10 minutes or until you see the skin break. Fill a bowl with ice and cold water. Place tomatoes one by one into the cold water and peel off the skins, and place in a blender. Blend until at desired consistency (chunky or more saucy) Sauté garlic, onion, peppers, mushrooms with a drizzle of olive oil adding in balsamic, basil, black pepper, and fennel seed. Add in blended tomatoes and boil on high heat for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low-medium heat and simmer for 3 hours covered (uncovered if you want to make it thicker). Ideally, you’ll do uncovered and covered alternating for a good consistency.
    For ¾ cup of sauce, 66 calories, 9g carbs, 2g fat, 2g protein, 6mg sodium, 0 cholesterol

Toppings for entire crust (here is what we do to keep it low cal. these are just ideas so add as you want! We've done a lot of combinations!!

Traditional Pepperoni Pizza: 1 ounce of mozzarella, 2 servings of boars head turkey pepperoni, 3/4 cups of the pizza sauce
    Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza: 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese, NO SAUCE!, 4 ounces of ground turkey (I use Chicago steak seasoning on ours but season how you like while tracking them! :-D ), 2 servings Hormel real bacon bits, drizzle ketchup and mustard on the top. After baking, top with shredded lettuce (I put dill relish on mine since I LOVE pickles. :-P)
    BBQ Chicken Pizza: 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese, 1 grilled chicken breast (about 4-6 ounces), NO SAUCE!, drizzle with BBQ sauce
  • tazdevils
    Options
    I just use a soft wheat shell.
  • MommaPlath
    MommaPlath Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Minutes to Prepare: 15Minutes to Cook: 20Number of Servings: 4

Ingredients
    Cauliflower, frozen, cooked, riced, 1 cup
    Coupons
    Egg, fresh, 1 large
    Coupons
    Cheddar Cheese, 1 cup, shredded
    Fennel, 1/2 tsp
    Oregano, ground, 1 tsp
    Parsley, dried, 2 tsp

Directions
    Rice or finely chop the cauliflower. Beat egg, add the cauliflower, and shredded cheese. Mix, then press into a greased pizza pan then sprinkle with the spices. Bake at 450 for 12 to 15 minutes. If you double the recipe cook 15 to 20 minutes.

Add desired pizza topping (not included in nutritional info) such as red sauce, mushrooms, green pepper, onions, cheese, etc. Bake until brown and cheese is bubbly.

This makes four pieces.

Number of Servings: 4

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 4
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 143.4
    Total Fat: 10.8 g
    Cholesterol: 82.8 mg
    Sodium: 200.2 mg
    Total Carbs: 2.7 g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
    Protein: 9.4 g

I got this in an email from sparkpeople...I've never tried it but it it's worth a try. If you do please let us know!
  • Sprmc47
    Options
    Thank you, I will try anything. I appreciate the post. ~Steve
  • Sprmc47
    Options
    Thanks to everyone, definitely some new choices. i appreciate you taking time to answer!!! Please feel free to add me. Thanks again!!!
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    bump