NSV?

Options
Perhaps this is an NSV--I'm chalking it up to that today because I need SOMETHING good today. ;)

Being an acting single mom (husband has been overseas for a long time), days like today come more often than I'd like. Insomnia, followed by waking up late, causing me to lose out on the early morning hours of "me time", waking up on the wrong side of the bed, two toddlers that follow suit mood wise, and a million things to get done results in a day of extreme stress, tiredness, and major irritability.

Weight loss is pretty much non existent at this point, and I don't know why. Trying everything. But I'm not giving up--NSV #1. I'm still going and still trying despite the circumstances and despite being in a state of chronic stress.

But NSV #2 is this--and the reason I'm writing this post--as tired as I am, I'm working out anyways, because I KNOW that I'll feel better afterwards. My kids will have a better version of me than what they had this morning, I'll be in a better mood, and we'll have a much better bedtime routine than we had at naptime...all because exercise has literally become a stress reliever.

I never thought I would say that. I've always done it because it's good for me, etc etc, but I've never really felt that it's benefited me stress wise until now. SO to be able to say that I'll breathe better afterwards is a major NSV for me. :)

Replies

• LiftHuff
    LiftHuff Posts: 131
    Options
    Sounds like you have the right attitude about persevering. Maybe the problem with your weight loss is that you're thinking of it as weight loss?

Maybe take a look at your goals and decide if they are really healthy?

If you've been doing mostly one style of exercise, do something else. Women, in particular, can have unfavorable muscle adaptation as a result of repetitive exercises that can have counterproductive effects.
  • Samer1Q
    Samer1Q Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Definitely NSVs! You've definitely got your head in the game, and soon your body will follow! Keep at it! I'm pulling for you! We're all in this together!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    RIGHT ON!!! yess.. biiiiiiiiiig time stress relief!! especially when you hit your endorphin rush!!
    glad you are still exercising... even when tired/stressed.. because the more you do (exercise) the more energy you have!!

congrats keep it up!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!