September Challenge 100 Miles+

Options
I have been looking through this board and have seen how everyone is doing challenges, So that being said how about a challenge? 100 miles or more for the month of September! I keep getting bored on my walks and think this is great motivation! So come on! Lets walk!

Replies

• callmemem
    callmemem Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Okay this challenge will help ensure that my walks get longer and more frequent. I'm in!
  • cambridgegirl309
    cambridgegirl309 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • ranae32
    ranae32 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Im in to but i will be trying to run all of my miles... Good luck to ya'll
  • MrsCaseyLane
    MrsCaseyLane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Geeesh Christina! We already ***** and moan at work about how our bodies ache! Your really asking for it!

So that being said, I'm in!

0/
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Surely--100 miles a month is totally doable (is that really a word?)!!!!!!
  • danabromley
    danabromley Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot I've been losing my desire for walking lately so this will help me get back at it. I'm in:smile:
  • Jffok
    Jffok Posts: 15
    Options
    I would like to get in on this. Will there be a place for us to post our miles and see how everyone is doing? That is a lot of miles but I think I can do it.
  • sthrnl3al3y
    sthrnl3al3y Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any suggestions on how we can all log this? I'll post everyday how many miles, lately i've lost the desire to walk, it's been boring, maybe this will help us all!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm training for two 5ks, so this should help me out and i have always been curious as to many miles i can actually do :D
  • mesee619
    mesee619 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Am in too!
  • nanabhealthy
    nanabhealthy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just found myfitnesspal.com today and would love to join the challenge. Any tips for a newbie are also greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • TMF1123
    TMF1123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Me too.... I need the goal for next month.
  • rpearl2626
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • dinoskycm
    dinoskycm Posts: 267
    Options
    I'm recovering from a knee injury so this will be great to motivate me to get back out there! I'll try to do as much as possible, and I'll probably be swimming quite a few of mine! :) YAY! How should we log all of our miles? Should a separate forum be created?
  • srowe2
    srowe2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this! I have a walking trail that connects to my apartment complex. However, between working full time and attending school full time I am not going to have a lot of time. I do get on the treadmill every other morning. Can we count those miles as well?
  • mrsbmccaw
    mrsbmccaw Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That is only just over three miles a day. I think it is a great idea. You can also raise money for the charity of your choice by logging your miles on an app on your phone. It is called Charity Miles so you can do something good for yourself and help others too! (Businesses pledge money for each mile logged. You are tracked by GPS coordinates so treadmills won't work for this) A friend started a bunch of us on it for the Michael J. Fox charity for Parkinsons.
  • dinoskycm
    dinoskycm Posts: 267
    Options
    That is only just over three miles a day. I think it is a great idea. You can also raise money for the charity of your choice by logging your miles on an app on your phone. It is called Charity Miles so you can do something good for yourself and help others too! (Businesses pledge money for each mile logged. You are tracked by GPS coordinates so treadmills won't work for this) A friend started a bunch of us on it for the Michael J. Fox charity for Parkinsons.

That's an awesome idea!! I just wish they had the app for blackberry. :( Maybe they will come out with it one of these days. haha :)
  • MrsCaseyLane
    MrsCaseyLane Posts: 34 Member
    Options

That is a great idea! I have epilepsy, but I am able to control mine and live a mostly normal life. But, I'd LOVE to contribute somehow to epilepsy awarness!

Im SO doing this!
  • ftellstrom
    ftellstrom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Walk Walk Walk!
    :tongue:
  • mommyhoney2
    mommyhoney2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Count me in, bummed leg and all!