Obese to overweight

Options
I am now officially considered overweight rather than obese. My BMI is down to 29.9. I am sooo excited. I am very thankful to this site and the help and support I have received here. Thank you everyone!

Replies

• Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    I am now officially considered overweight rather than obese. My BMI is down to 29.9. I am sooo excited. I am very thankful to this site and the help and support I have received here. Thank you everyone!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Great Job!:drinker:
  • ToTheLove
    Options

Lol, i'm jealous. But I don't really give a crap bout that BMI stuff anyway. I'm at a 30. Started at 32.2 or something like that. But seriously... BMI is crap. It doesn't take into account your muscle structure what-so-ever. I bet you anything every body-builder out there is "obese".

My boyfriend is even considered obese and he's really not very fat at all. he's just.. big all around.

But still. Congrats on not being in the "obese" category!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm almost there and I guess it might be nice to not have the national government consider me obese...

Sorry, Please dont take this as mean against you at all.. I just have a serious issue with the BMI scale.. Maybe i should have just not said anything...

I just really don't like that darn BMI scale.... :blushing:

I still like you though!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options

Lol, i'm jealous. But I don't really give a crap bout that BMI stuff anyway. I'm at a 30. Started at 32.2 or something like that. But seriously... BMI is crap. It doesn't take into account your muscle structure what-so-ever. I bet you anything every body-builder out there is "obese".

My boyfriend is even considered obese and he's really not very fat at all. he's just.. big all around.

But still. Congrats on not being in the "obese" category!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm almost there and I guess it might be nice to not have the national government consider me obese...

Sorry, Please dont take this as mean against you at all.. I just have a serious issue with the BMI scale.. Maybe i should have just not said anything...

I just really don't like that darn BMI scale.... :blushing:

I still like you though!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS:flowerforyou:
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    I don't know what happened there. I was trying to quote you to respond. Any way...

You said national goverment don't forget insurance companies:laugh:

Thank you though, i know you did not mean anything.... it's all true but still good to see some kind of downward movement
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    great job!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats!! I started out in Sept with a BMI of 45! It's down to about 35. When I get down to 179 (I am 205 right now), it will be overweight and not obese!! LOL Cannot wait!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

Its funny, they consider 2/3 of the NFL obese. THAT is just plain stupid.
  • nataliamay
    Options
    Good for you!! :flowerforyou: Keep it up!!! :happy:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I hit that a couple weeks ago and it feels sooooo good. GOOD JOB TO YOU!!! :flowerforyou:

BMI is more for average people. Bodybuilders and those with LOTS of muscle really don't apply because they are going to weigh much more because muscle is so dense even though they have little fat. I use it more as a guide to where I should be weigh-wise. I am shooting for the middle of my weight range for my age and height.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Ah, yes... I remember that day. I've been overweight for a long time and I'm dying to get down to the "normal" range.
  • bpembleton
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! It always feels rewarding when you have something change like that!!!