going back to old work outs after plateau?

Options
I had been using an elliptical machine a few months and started to plateau so i stoped using it and started doing the 30 day shred. but i think i may be about to plateau again so i wanted to know, if i go back and use the elliptical will it work? or should i move on to something else? the only reason i ask is because i dont really have a gym at my apartment complex, we only have an elliptical and a bike, and i dont want to do a dvd anymore because my neighbor downstairs was complaining to me last night that im loud and that i've made pictures fall off of her wall..... so can i use the elliptical again for a little while? or will it not work still? HELP PLEASE! :ohwell:

Replies

• sbw518
    Options
    How did the 30 day shred work for you? Did you do it the full 30 days? I also use the elliptical, but want to switch to the shred because I am stuck at 11 lbs. and am hoping it will give me a boost
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I had been using an elliptical machine a few months and started to plateau so i stoped using it and started doing the 30 day shred. but i think i may be about to plateau again so i wanted to know, if i go back and use the elliptical will it work? or should i move on to something else? the only reason i ask is because i dont really have a gym at my apartment complex, we only have an elliptical and a bike, and i dont want to do a dvd anymore because my neighbor downstairs was complaining to me last night that im loud and that i've made pictures fall off of her wall..... so can i use the elliptical again for a little while? or will it not work still? HELP PLEASE! :ohwell:

Plateaus are so frustrating! Our bodies just get used to the same movements.

I would recommend maybe switching your DVD to mix it up--maybe pilates or an exercise ball routine? Those are pretty quiet!
    Also, if you're stuck with the same cardio machines (I hate the bike, myself!) switch up the program you use. If you were doing a weight loss program for example, try an interval program for a different amount of time.

Don't get discouraged, you're obviously doing great at 45 pounds lost! Keep it up! :bigsmile:
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options

You may find the greatest benefit switching back and forth and doing interval work : 2 minutes high intensity, 1-2 minutes low intensity, just keep switching it up! I've just barely started interval training, 2 days ago, and it can really make a difference!:happy: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! those are great tips! i will do the elliptical again and do the intervals and i think i will also buy a pilates dvd since its quiet and then i can still work out at home! thank you all again!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: