question about Sensa (No i'm not trying it)

Options
With going back to school there seems to be a few people using it. Sprinkling it on their food. What exactly is it suppose to do?

Replies

• Kikilicious84
    Options
    I think it's supposed to suppress your appetite.

I think it's a placebo. Lol
  • lelupa1
    lelupa1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I found a place online (one of those freebie sites) that will send samples. Got them in the mail but never tried them.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    What exactly is it suppose to do?
    Make the company $$$richer$$$ by taking money from people who desperately want to believe there's a "magic" way to weight loss that doesn't involve self-discipline and hard work.
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    OK I understand that I guess what I'm asking is what do they "CLAIM" it will do for you.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    supposedly makes your body feel fuller via chemicals that are in it
  • wiffe
    Options
    OK I understand that I guess what I'm asking is what do they "CLAIM" it will do for you.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The very first reply was the answer to your question. It's an appetite suppressant. Basically, you sprinkle it on your food and, as you ingest it, it's supposed to make you feel fuller faster than normal. With the theory being that you will then eat less of the food that you have just sprinkled it on.

Ignoring the complete ridiculousness of it, it's totally pointless for someone counting calories and prepping/eating meals that they have already portioned and calculated calories for since the plan is to eat the meal prepared in those cases.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    It robs you of hard earned money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • wiffe
    Options
    I see.

What is interesting one of the people using it has been on Weight Watchers forever and has lost a lot of weight.

Like I said I"M not using it. I know hard work is the only way to lose.