Introduction

mumof4
mumof4 Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

I am a mother of 4 who is going to use this as a tool of support. I am trying to loose 40lbs by April. I was wondering how some of you other mothers/people with families try to balance yor diet with cooking for others.
I am looking forward to loosing this weight and getting healthy for the first time in a LONG time!!!

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Hi and welcome. I am also a mother of 4 and the way that I balance cooking for myself and others is we all eat the same thing for dinner. This is not a diet for me but a lifestyle change. and occasionally we eat pizza (in moderation) Just because that is real life. For the most part though I plan out meals that are healthy. We always, always, have a veggie and a meat with dinner. I try to make things we love healthy, like chili and such! I have found that making the things they love just using healthier ingredients has made this a lot easier and better for them. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    I have a hard time with this because I have given in and made two different versions of dinner because my son is sooooo picky. SO I can't give you any good tips (hang in there) lol
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • I am a mother of two (teenagers). I fix the same foods for all, but I use healthy ingredients. Most of the time, my family cannot tell the difference.
This discussion has been closed.