Motivation for tomorrow

Options
Starting tomorrow, I will be doing 30DS every morning before school. Also, my gramma works at the local hospital and has signed us up for their "wellness center" AKA the gym and I'm not exactly nervous, I'm more like feeling like I wont make it. I tried to do P90X for about 3 weeks a while back and it finally killed me and I didn't even know if I was doing half of it right. I have watched the first level of 30DS and it seems easy enough but I can say that because I haven't done it yet.

At the wellness center they're going to do a full body analysis and tell me my BF% and where I need to work the most and I'm terrified of this because I feel my BF% will be insanely high. My BMI is rather high--26.1(I used to tell myself that I'd fall over and die of a heart attack when I hit 150 pounds...although that didn't happen I cried for a week)

What are some of your motivations to keep you going and face the fear? I keep a pair of pants I want to get back into and a dress that I bought knowing it wouldn't fit until I lost weight(It's freakin' adorable and that's saying a lot because I'm not a dressy type of girl).

Replies

• innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Okay so I started 30DS today and maybe I'm a wimp or a quitter or maybe I'm doing it wrong or using too big of weights but my arms feel like absolute jello and I was heaving and out of breath and kinda dizzy after only 6 minutes!

I walk everyday and that helps tone, right? Not even half as much as weights but it's good, yes?

Did anyone else quit after the first round? I may try again tonight but the lightest weights I have are 5 pounds and they absolutely killed my arms, like I can barely move them it hurts to type. I know pain is good but to what extent.
  • tburnelis
    Options
    When I started back into the gym, I got a personal trainer because I knew I needed the help.

After my first free visit I was completely spent, I could barely walk, I almost fell stepping off the curb because my legs were so weak. I thought to myself "if every week is like this, I'm not going to make it"

You just need to stick with it. I know people say this all the time, but it is true, "It will get easier". But the flip side of that, is as it gets easier you need to adjust your workouts and make it harder. Those first few weeks as you progress through the muscle groups you will exhaust them, to the point where they can't even lift your body, let alone holding anything else. But as they repair and recover you will notice that each time you work out it will take less and less time to be ready to work out again.

If it's too hard and your wanting to quit, bring it down a notch. It's better to work out at a lower level and build yourself up then start too high, and get injured or have to quit.
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    The sad thing is, I was doing the beginner way, especially for the squats because my knees are horrible. I know my arms are insanely weak, I used to be able to do like 20 military style push ups which isn't a lot but it is for a 16 year old girl and now, 6 years later I can barely do 20 girl style push ups.

The eval guy at the gym I meet with in a few hours is going to go over what I need to do as far as a workout routine and I'm terrified, first because it's a guy who is fit and yeah I know everyone starts somewhere but when it's a good looking guy telling a girl how to work out i just feel weird i dont know why and also i dont really want to know my BF% I'm scared to.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Jillian and I do NOT get along. I caved 10 minutes into day 1 of that shred and returned to walking 3 miles a day every other day. and I plan to take up zumba in september. I will maybe give jillian one more chance to not kill me but it's going to be after I've got my body back into realizing we are off the couch now for good and going to be moving around.
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    Well I went to my eval and I'm 36% body fat which is high but I honestly thought it'd be worse.

Jillian and I don't seem to get along either, I'm going to try to build up my strength a bit before I try her again, if it weren't for the squat press I would have been fine.