Wish me luck, I am gonna need it :-)

Replies

• RockNRollWeekender
    Options
    Good luck....

You can do it!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Have you ever done the P90X? I am thinking of getting that one or another of the Beachbody programs but am skeptical! I tend to lack motivation sometimes so I don't want to spend all that money and end up not doing it!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    Zelda I bought a P90X and I have used it one time in six months. I workout 4-5 days a week doing other things. I want to be able to do it someday, but its just waaaaay to hard for me right now. If you are pretty strong and can handle LOTS of push ups (lots of variations) and chin ups for about an hour then go for it, if you're not at that level yet then maybe a different beach body workout would be better for you. Also, I don't know what your goals are but I have heard from P90X enthusiasts that you shouldn't do it unless you are about 10-15 pounds within your goal weight. Some people on here might not agree, but based on the workout i would tend to agree w/ that estimate
  • newbaby90908
    newbaby90908 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started it once before with some co-workers and it kicked my butt. I used to work out pretty extensively, but since the birth of my daughter I've gotten out of shape. I am going to try it, but I heard the slim in 6 is pretty good and their Insanity program is good. P90x is pretty extreme so I am gonna try to keep up.
  • tgood1969
    tgood1969 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Zelda, I am currently about halfway through my second round of p90x and it is a challenge but if you want to establish a routine and have some variety, it works well. When I first started back in July, I had some difficulty keeping up with the people in the videos and often took breaks but as time went on, I found that I was able to keep up and sometimes even work on as they took breaks in the video. I was not very much over-weight when I began but my body fat percentage was higher than I would have liked. During these last few months, I have lost about 18 pounds and lowered my body fat percentage by about 7 percentage points.

Bottom line, you can do it but don't be surprised if you need a few extra breaks in the beginning. Don't try to compare yourself to the people in videos but rather base your progress on your own abilities and you will do just fine.

Good Luck!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 5th round of P90X -- actually doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid. Listen to Tony. His mottos are 'Modify. Modify. Modify.' and 'Do Your Best and Forget the Rest'.

I don't think anyone that has done P90X could do a pull-up on day one. If you have to do push-ups on your knees, then do them on your knees. If you need the chair for assistance with pull-ups, that's okay! The key is to push play every day. Do the workouts in order (never ever skip YogaX!), and give it your all. If you do that & follow the nutrition guide, you will be very happy on day 90 and beyond.

And Insanity is definitely an advanced program -- not to be entered into lightly. It is bringing the super-fit to their knees. I did one round after four rounds of P90X, and Insanity left me on the floor. Now, I'm doing a hybrid of the two, and I'm in much better shape, but that first round was a killer!

Good luck, and feel free to send me a message if you have questions!