Ideas on filling foods

Options
I've been feeling constantly hungry recently. I try to eat about 1500 a day, which would give me a slow and steady loss, but for the past few weeks, it feels like its taking over my life, especially at work. The type of food does not matter- I can eat a whole cantaloupe in a sitting, or a pound of baby carrots, or 5 peaches or 5 bananas. I just can't seem to stop, and of course when one eats a dozen peaches a day, it is hard to lose weight, no matter how healthy fruit may be. Not surprisingly I keep gaining weight.
I've been researching some foods I can snack on that are more filling. Various nutrition bars have a lot of calories, 200-250, worse than straight candy! Nut/fruit mixes also huge in calories- 200 for a 1/4 cup, and I can't seem to stop after a 1/4 cup or even a full cup....oy. I don't drink juice or soda, so at least that's good, but I have to stop my endless snacking. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Replies

• jbbattles
    Options
    Try Kashi Go Lean cereal. It fills you up with a lot of fiber and protein.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs.

Cherry tomatoes.

Green, leafy vegetables like spinach.
  • funicello
    funicello Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Look into Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live diet. The base of his meal plan is to eat 1 pound raw veggies, 1 pound cooked veggies, 4 fruits & 1 cup of beans daily. Later you add in 1 oz nuts / seeds, 2 oz avocado, 1 cup starchy veggies / whole grains, 1 TBSP flaxseed & 2 TBSP dried fruit. Check it out.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need protein and also water. If you eat meat try lean protein like chicken breast in a salad. If not try lentils, beans or eggs. And while frt is really good for you, a whole melon or five peaches at once is probably not the best way to consume it.
  • milatham
    milatham Posts: 19
    Options
    I second spinach! Tons of spinach salads with low cal dressing. Kale too, if you don't mind it raw! With some beans, nuts, or tofu on top to make it feel more like a meal. That usually helps me. Oh yeah! And warm liquids help you feel more full - develop a tea habit! : )