Multi vitamin...

VballLeash
VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Help! Every multi vitamin I seem to take makes me nauseous, and not just for a few minutes, I feel sick the rest of the day usually, especially now that I'm taking a twice a day one. The only ones that didn't upset my stomach were the gummy ones but they don't have much to them, I've tried women's one a day and one that my doc gave me a sample of, I don't know the name, does anyone with a sensitive stomach have a good one that actually does what its supposed to and help make them feel GOOD! lol Thanks!

~Leash :heart:

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Help! Every multi vitamin I seem to take makes me nauseous, and not just for a few minutes, I feel sick the rest of the day usually, especially now that I'm taking a twice a day one. The only ones that didn't upset my stomach were the gummy ones but they don't have much to them, I've tried women's one a day and one that my doc gave me a sample of, I don't know the name, does anyone with a sensitive stomach have a good one that actually does what its supposed to and help make them feel GOOD! lol Thanks!

i would recommend talking to a doctor...the only thing i can suggest is gravol if you haven't tried that, or something that would alleviate whateer it is you are feeling alongside the multivitamin that causes it
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    You could try taking them with dinner or a snack before bed.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Make sure you take it with a meal, not just a snack, as they upset my stomach if I don't eat a large enough meal.
  • I know that I can't take a multivitamin in the morning - I do feel naseous most of the day. If I take at night, I don't have that problem so I have started taking my vitamins at night. I believe that it is something to do with the iron in the One a Day. I have taken Viactiv (which are soft chews). They don't have iron in them and have less of some of the other vitamins so I try to alternate.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    I do eat with them, although maybe not enough so I'll remember that, I was thinking of trying to take it at night but that won't work with the twice a day one....

• CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    I'm sending you the link for a topic I posted a few months ago. Azdak had some really good advice about multivitamins. I thought I'd save him the time of rewriting it all. I actually stopped taking a multivitamin all together and I try to get my vitamins in my food now. I feel just as good if not better than I did when I was taking them. And now I'm not nauseous anymore!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/66245-whole-food-multivitamin?hl=multivitamin#posts-840561
This discussion has been closed.