Hi :)

Options
Okay, so I made this profile a few months ago and then completely forgot about it! Not good!

Anyways, I ended up coming back because I really want to get serious about losing weight and it's hard to do when you don't have anyone around you that's trying to lose weight as well. I was very overweight as a kid up until 4th grade when I got tired of being picked on and (because I knew nothing about nutrition and being healthy) I decided to lose weight the only way I knew how to -- by not eating anything at all. Although it did work, luckily my parents found out and it ended up not lasting too long. I was embarrassed and wanted to prove to them that I was still good and pretty much ate all my weight back. All through middle school my weight fluctuated like crazy -- I hit my skinniest as a freshmen when I only weighed about 100. I really haven't given it too much thought until I looked through old pictures earlier this year -- as each year progressed, so did my weight. I couldn't believe how much I had gained! I'm only a little over 5 feet and 140, so I really feel like I'm just a big, round, shape. I'm a pretty positive person, but this has really been getting me down and I feel like I'm taking out my frustrations on my family. I want to get back to a healthy weight so I can become that happy person I once was. Does anyone else feel like this?

I'm hoping this website will help me with my weight loss goals by giving me motivation and optimism. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm sure you'll get what you want if you keep your goal all the time in your mind. I guess it's important to understand change doesn't happen overnight. It would definately be a good thing to think you're doing a lifestyle change and accept that instead of thinking you're just gonna diet few weeks. Small steps in the right direction will take you a long way.
    You'll always find friends here for support, so you never feel down. Good luck to you in your journey!