advice

Options
So I've tried to start exercising started at home an hurt my heal. gave myself a week to heal an took myself to the gym. I worked our for 30 min on the elyptical machine with my daughter an again the heal hurt but this time I limped for a couple of days. It doesn't hurt when I wear heals just flats an my tenn shoes. has anyone had the same problem or have any advice on what I should do? Should I just see a doctor?

Frettful in the OC

Rae

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    swim!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Try to put one of those inserts in you tennis shoes and see if that helps your heal if not then go to the dr.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I had heel spurs/tendonitis when I was in gymnastics....only hurt when I wore flats or of course when barefoot doing gymnastics. The pain was pretty intense & my Dr. didn't really have any fixes besides inserts in my shoes...which is impossible while barefoot. Its eventually what made me stop competing, but since I quit I haven't had any issues. Always kind of worried it'll come back now that I'm working out again. :ohwell:

I say ask your Doc. Good luck!
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I would see a doctor. Any symptom that lasts for a couple of days or impedes your lifestyle (like your limp) could be a sign of something more serious being awry. Plus, it's just plain annoying to limp around after every workout!

A Podiatrist might be able to help with shoe inserts, or you can try the basic types sold at the drug store for a cheaper fix.

It might also be a mild sprain or strain. A trip, a funny step, high heels; anything, really. I once sprained my ankle asleep in bed. It happens. If this is the case, a few sessions with a physical therapist can set you right.

Good luck, and keep us posted!