Ladies? Breast Implants? What is your experience, opinion?

Options
Hello Divas :] I am interested in learning about YOUR boobs! Let's have a JUDGEMENT-FREE visit!

Have implants? Know someone who does? Tell me about the motivation and decision making process, the pros & cons.

Have no implants but have thoughts or questions? Join the conversation!

Thanks for being YOU!

Replies

• DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My childrens' mother has them. The decision process went a little like this:

She went from average size breasts to nearly nothing after nursing our second child. She felt less-than in a bikini and was self conscious about her padded bras. She looked great in the padded bras, but every night she'd "take off her breasts" before bed. The implants - 230cc - did amazing things to her self-image. They helped her on the road to confidence and give her a little feeling of having femininity not otherwise present. They were, and are a very very good thing. To this day she says "thanks for getting these.." to me (I sold a car to cover the cost).

The only con? She'll have to have them replaced eventually - just happens. She also has a little bit of scaring - just the way her body healed.
  • GiGi_FIERCE
    Options
    Thanks for sharing her experience!
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    bump.

i have a major issue with my boobs. Makes me feel like a 13 year old little girl. I do not fill out a swim suit. I do not feel attractive.

It is on my list to get myself someday.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I got mine 8 weeks ago, after dropping to 13% body fat, I was left with nothing and felt like a 12 year old boy. I love them, my man loves them, best decision I ever made!
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    Bump

This is something I've thought about since losing weight. I want to reach my goal weight before actively considering it. The expense seems the only real downside.
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My mom got them in her late 50s after staying at her goal weight for over a year, and feeling disapointed with the way she looks. Although she doesn't regret them, I know that she's not completely satisfied either - I've never seen them naked but they look great clothed. I don't know if it's an emotional void she was trying to fill and that's why she's unsatisfied, or if it's due to the work itself, but she smiles a lot more than she used to, and does herself up a lot more too.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    As long as they aren't lopsided I LOVE fake boobs. Above a certain size I'd prefer them to be fake, their anti-gravity qualities are amazing. :love:

Don't get me wrong, I like small ones also, it's about the total package. A lithe woman with small boobs and a tone body is very sexy too.
  • Cntrygal81
    Cntrygal81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I want to watch this thread too as it's definitely something that I'm considering for the future. While nursing (pumping) for my twins, my chest reached a 34E/F. Once I quit they settled in at a solid D cup but since I've now lost 40+ pounds, they fill out a C cup but I feel like a lot of that is stretched out skin. My husbands says they're still wonderful but I'm very self concious about them when I undress and feel like they're very deflated. I think once we know for sure that we are done having children it will be something that I look at more seriously. I went through all the work to lose this weight - I want to enjoy every part of my new body!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Firstly, I love boobs. :wink:

Personally I like real ones, I think the shape matters more than the size. I have really small boobs and used to hate them and wanted to make them look bigger somehow but now I've come to accept them as they are. I hope they don't shrink to nothing if I lose weight though haha.

Interested to see what others think :smile:
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    After nursing two kids, my two little tiny-but-cute breasts turned into two little sad nothings. I got implants and have not been disappointed in the least. Do it for you, if that is what you want.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    My childrens' mother has them. The decision process went a little like this:

She went from average size breasts to nearly nothing after nursing our second child. She felt less-than in a bikini and was self conscious about her padded bras. She looked great in the padded bras, but every night she'd "take off her breasts" before bed. The implants - 230cc - did amazing things to her self-image. They helped her on the road to confidence and give her a little feeling of having femininity not otherwise present. They were, and are a very very good thing. To this day she says "thanks for getting these.." to me (I sold a car to cover the cost).

The only con? She'll have to have them replaced eventually - just happens. She also has a little bit of scaring - just the way her body healed.

I have a very good female friend at work (strictly friendship) that needed surgery to replace her implants. She is very tall and thin, and her implants were mainly, to look good in clothing. She is not a person that has any confiidence issues, and I was shocked when she shared her experience with me. Whatever makes the woman feel better about themself.