Replies

• peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just had the lean lamb hotpot gorgeous added some runner beans
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Made the cheese, leek and onion pasties... delicious!

I made these pasties at the weekend and they turned out really well (and I am not an experienced baker!). So far this week I've eaten 3 for lunches and have frozen the rest for future use.

We've also made the paprika chicken (really easy) and the korma (a bit time consuming although you could prepare some of it in advance) - both were delicious!

We have the lamb, potato and spinach curry and also the bolognese on the menu this week.
  • fatboy_no8
    Options
    Has everyone but me given up on the Hairy Dieters plan? I've been following the calorie control theme (for that is what it is) since last August and, as of last week's weigh-in, have lost 102lbs.

I eat back calories, I drink the naughty alcohol and enjoy food (lots of it!) and still the weight comes off - although now at a very much slower pace. Finally MFP let me re-set my target weight and I only have about 10lbs to go until I hit that.

My only worry now is that some people keep telling me that I've lost "too much" weight!!! Thereby proving - you just can't win!

I have to say that the combination of the motivation sparked by the series, the ease of the recipes and, perhaps most significantly, the MFP site and app have meant that I can enjoy my food and live (very rarely thinking about being on a diet at all). Sometimes I do get a little tense when I've overdone the food a bit but recover a little when I then tell myself that if I consumed 2500 calories without exercise I probably wouldn't gain much.

I hope others have enjoyed the sdame success because it woould be nice to see that the diet worked for more people than just me....

Roll on their second series and book.

(Not so) Fatboy_No8
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The Hairies have a new book out tomorrow called .The Hairy Dieters Eat for Life: How to Love Food, Lose Weight and Keep it Off for Good

It is £11.99 on Amazon for UK people

Just waiting to see if they have a new tv show to go with it
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow Notso fatboy!!! That is a fantastic achievement, well done. You have inspired me to dig the book out again! :happy:
    You must feel so proud of yourself.