New Here

Ckinse
Ckinse Posts: 14
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys!
New on here. Any good tips or anything is much appreciated. I'm looking to get into shape but have very limited time to work out, so I'm doing a half slim fast half eat less and healthier diet. We'll see, these first three days have gone well though!

Replies

• Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Well good luck and i hope you achieve what you want....I just joined today as well
  • Ckinse
    Why thank you! Good luck with your goals as well!
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    thanks...i like the food tracker, thats the main reason i hit this site up
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Hi Ckinse and welcome!

You don't worry about eating less--just eat plenty of fresh, healthy foods. You can actually eat a lot more than you're used to when the food is full of vitamins, rather than preservatives and processed fat.

Be careful not to eat too little! There are several informational posts on this site and others where you can read about "starvation mode." If your eating habits get to this point, it will be very hard to lose weight (not to mention also very damaging to your body).

Good things to remember are portions and proportions. A full portion of lean meat (like chicken) is the size of your fist. It's the size of the palm for most men. The same measurement works for rice and grains. For proportions, aim for a pile of veggies twice as big as your meat serving. This way, you're getting all the fiber and vitamins you need.

Good luck!
  • PatB52
    PatB52 Posts: 65
    Welcome to both of you, cknise and Trav. I came here particularly for the food diary. It's much easier than writing everything down and having to look up calories and carbs. I love the exercise database too. Good luck to both of you.
  • Ckinse
    Definitly, same here and it has so many options that's what I like I was searching just to see if it has my typical foods and check, it does. Helps me count things I don't normally count like apples, and other small snacks that I never really knew the cal count for.
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Welcome and Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Welcome both of you. :)

I'm pretty new here myself but this is an AMAZING site! Such a great tool, and the people are pretty awesome, too!

Feel free to friend me. I'm around if you need support/to chat/etc.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Hi Ckinse and welcome!

You don't worry about eating less--just eat plenty of fresh, healthy foods. You can actually eat a lot more than you're used to when the food is full of vitamins, rather than preservatives and processed fat.

Be careful not to eat too little! There are several informational posts on this site and others where you can read about "starvation mode." If your eating habits get to this point, it will be very hard to lose weight (not to mention also very damaging to your body).

Good things to remember are portions and proportions. A full portion of lean meat (like chicken) is the size of your fist. It's the size of the palm for most men. The same measurement works for rice and grains. For proportions, aim for a pile of veggies twice as big as your meat serving. This way, you're getting all the fiber and vitamins you need.

Good luck!

I also wanted to say, amen to this! Careful not to eat too little!

There are some AWESOME, informative posts here. Do some rooting around, it's amazing what you'll learn :)
This discussion has been closed.