how do you relax?

Replies

• chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 438 Member
    Baking!!!! It's very relaxing for me. Every ingredient must be measured precisely, and it's that precision that I find calming (I'm a bit OCD but have been able to manage it without it getting out of control). Also yoga--if I don't feel like going to the yoga studio or gym, I create my own "candlelight yoga" experience at home by putting on a yoga DVD, shoving my furniture aside to make room for my yoga mat, closing the curtains, lighting candles, and putting on some chill, ambient non-vocal music. Baths, a glass of wine, reading, watching a movie or a favorite TV series, cuddling with my kitty or brushing her, painting my nails, giving myself an at-home spa treatment with facial scrubs and masques, taking a nap, and finally...herbal remedies.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    -Walking
    -Working in the Yard
    -Cooking
    -BBQing
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    a cold beer and a good cigar...
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Drinking and sex.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    a good massage... yes.. i think i need one now!:tongue:
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    A big mug of peppermint tea and some music

^Nice!
    Dead lifts

^ I like this!
    Drinking and sex.

^ Now we are talking
    Hookers and blow.

^^^^^^Hell yea!

End Thread/
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    being shut off from the world in my sauna with celtic/ gaelic music and candles, or being shut off from the world hiking in the dunes, or being shut off from the world frolicking(sp) through the woods. basically, do anything where you can be alone to sort through your emotions. try out new/ different things to find what works best for you! good luck!

LOVE your style. you seem very spiritual.
  • I have an app on my iPhone called Headspace. It has 10 minute meditations and I have set up notifications so that it texts me during the day with a calming message. I really like it.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    a cold beer and a good cigar...

I like your style sir!!!
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    On my own, with the door shut, sit back in a dimly lit room and really listen to a good piece of music, normally classical or choral.

It's a rare treat but when I'm feeling a bit frazzled, half an hour of that just seems to press a reset button!
  • i love just getting out in nature. Find some place beautiful and make it your spot. My favorite photography is outdoors too. Taking my dog out is also nice. I very much enjoy a bubble bath, with a candle lit, a glass of red wine and some mellow music playing...sooooo relaxing. Just putting a record on and lighting some incense and relaxing on the couch is also very nice. Reading a good book gets my mind off things too. Gosh, just writing this and thinking about all the ways I get relaxed, relaxes me. Now all I need is the "it's complicated" man to come over and enjoy it with me, lol.
  • Kearsed
    Kearsed Posts: 70 Member
    I make humans rub my belly
  • Cassie8877
    Cassie8877 Posts: 177
    a good massage... yes.. i think i need one now!:tongue:

^^^ totally agree with that! a massage is always the best way to relax! and a nice glass of wine! <3
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Hot bath, wine and reading. (With music to drown out the sound of the kids while my husband keeps them entertained.)
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    I also suffer from anxiety and PTSD. I was on medication for 5 years but it made me gain 20 LBS so I got off of it when I started feeling more confident in myself. Going to the gym does make a world of difference bc it burns endorphins. I actually went to a massage school and became a massage therapist bc the therapist also benefits from the massage.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    rub .........nm.......not worth a strike
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    running is definitely my minds "de-load" time.. and lifting weights calms me down..

On the non-exercise side.. I really enjoy reading and watching movies.. and a good glass of wine now and again :)
  • Drink tea. Watch a movie or do the ironing whilst watching tv
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I usually have a glass of wine on the porch, but I am a pretty calm person by nature. You might want to look into yoga. My daughter used to have anxiety attacks sometimes but hasn't had any since she started yoga.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Roll a fatty :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: