Yeah I need help!

Options
so I just figured out how to add to my diary to track sugar which seems I have gone over with my fruit. I'm still bouncing with the 2 lbs that I lose and gain.... so I was reading on another question bmr and tdee so my bmr is 1688 my tdee is 2321 MFP has me on 1200 calories a day. I have been sticking to that but not losing anything. does anyone know by this info what my calories should be to lose weight. I need to lose 60lbs.

Replies

• cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    How frustrating is that! I tried to take a look at your diary but it's private. The people I have talked to that have success recommend really taking a look at your BMR, then serving sizes (making sure they are what is listed-you may need a food scale). I know others that feel that 1200 is just not enough if you are working out too. What are you doing for exercise? I think with a little tweaking you can kick start that weight loss! Hang in there!
  • workijng2befit
    Options
    I just made it public to friends can you take a look? I don't know if you can see the exercise or not but I am doing well I think on the working out. I use the machine at the gym for calorie burn because this site always seems so high.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    so I just figured out how to add to my diary to track sugar which seems I have gone over with my fruit. I'm still bouncing with the 2 lbs that I lose and gain.... so I was reading on another question bmr and tdee so my bmr is 1688 my tdee is 2321 MFP has me on 1200 calories a day. I have been sticking to that but not losing anything. does anyone know by this info what my calories should be to lose weight. I need to lose 60lbs.

Here you go....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

:flowerforyou:

(fruit is gooooooood btw)
  • workijng2befit
    Options
    Thanks!
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    How frustrating is that! I tried to take a look at your diary but it's private. The people I have talked to that have success recommend really taking a look at your BMR, then serving sizes (making sure they are what is listed-you may need a food scale). I know others that feel that 1200 is just not enough if you are working out too. What are you doing for exercise? I think with a little tweaking you can kick start that weight loss! Hang in there!

^^This
  • tichelson
    Options
    I was having the same problem not losing weight when I was cutting my cals, and it turned out I wasn't tracking my workouts correctly, so even though I was only able to eat 1300 calories, i was burning like 400 with my workouts so essentially eating 900, which was sending me in to starvation so I was having the opposite effect. Sometimes I make all this more complicated than it really is, but it can be so confusing! Our calories and what we want to lose per week is set up by what our daily activity levels are, and exercise is totally seperate, and I kept forgetting that. I have tweaked it, and am hoping for better results! Good luck everybody!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    So many things can be causing this. First, make sure your portions are correct. Weigh/measure everything for a few days. I still measure every 5-10 times I have a food to make sure my "eyeing" it is accurate. Are you adding at least some of your exercise calories back? Seems that at least initially, this is important. As you lose, you may find that eating all the calories recommended is a bit much, but initially, it seems to be awfully close. Are you getting enough fluids? I typically judge by urine color. Should be clear to very light yellow. This usually takes about 8 glasses per day. When I exercise a lot, that usually goes up to about 11 or so. But every person is different. Make sure your sodium level isn't too high- this can really mess with your weight loss. Usually if your sugar is over because of fruit (as long as it's not TONS of fruit) you're OK. It's refined sugars that seem to be the issue. My take on this is that it isn't necessarily the sugar as the processed nature of the foods the refined sugars show up in. Try changing up your exercise a bit. That can also help.

Good luck!!
  • workijng2befit
    Options
    Thanks for the advice hope it works!