Not how I wanted to start today :-(

Options
I got up early this morning so I could really push myself during my walk/run. I got out there as the sun was coming up....felt fantastic....everything was great....then my right shin started to hurt....it became unbearable. I actually called my husband to come pick my hobbled butt up.....

I just hate that my mind and spirit were wanting to flyyyyyyy this morning and my body said "no dice"

On a good note :-) I am down 3 pounds since last Friday.....so I got that going for me!

Replies

• doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Congrat on the 3 lbs weight lost this week..that is great! Hope you feel better soon...try not to get too discouraged by it!
  • vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrat on the 3 lbs weight lost this week..that is great! Hope you feel better soon...try not to get too discouraged by it!

Thanks! The frustrating thing is that I wanted to beat the heat...It has been in the upper 90's here and walk/run has been tough at 5:30 at night. Oh well.....at least I got my butt out of bed and am ready for the day!

Thanks for the encouragement!
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Just a shin splint (so it sounds). RICE IT! (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation)

Works for every injury I've ever had, including ~20 shoulder dislocations.
  • vikingchix
    Options
    Just a shin splint (so it sounds). RICE IT! (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation)

Works for every injury I've ever had, including ~20 shoulder dislocations.

That is what I am thinking too....How long should I rest it? I have a personal goal to get out and run/walk every day for 60 days......I don't want to hurt myself, but I want to keep my momentum up too.
  • MrOFM
    MrOFM Posts: 41
    Options
    Next time just walk. And make sure you strectch if your going to run. You body will be super cold early in the morning. I always tell ppl make sure to warm up before anything in the morning.

I have seen many ppl get hurt because they forget that simple rule.
  • MrOFM
    MrOFM Posts: 41
    Options
    Give it a few hrs then try to walk not (run) and see how it feels.
  • vikingchix
    Options
    Next time just walk. And make sure you strectch if your going to run. You body will be super cold early in the morning. I always tell ppl make sure to warm up before anything in the morning.

I have seen many ppl get hurt because they forget that simple rule.

Thanks! I probably need to stretch more than I do. I probably pushed too hard this morning since I felt so incredible....I actually ran over half of the 1.23 mile that I was able to go! Go figure....I tend to over do things :-)