Options

Replies

• stephensmith0929
    Options
    WELL SAID!!!!!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    This sums up how being a My fitness PAL really works those who are in shape helping those of us trying to get there. :love:
  • Neverfitter
    Options
    This is wonderful!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Love this so much!!!
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Now i'm crying here at work. This was me not that long ago, and i still have issues with this. Thank you for posting this, this made my day!
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Love this! And needed it today.

I am the fat girl also! I don't run - I can barely walk with all the weight I carry around and my knees are shot! But I have been steadily whittiling away at the fat protective layer I carry with me.

this week I started the gym. I walked on the elliptical for 5 minutes and did 20 minutes of strength training reps & was through. Exhausted! That was Tuesday evening. Yesterday I hurt all over. Like an old lady trying to get up or down. And - new form of strange for me - I could feel individual muscles in my thighs and butt that ached like all get out. I didnt even know they were there! LOL

So - today is Thursday. And my long distance training coach (my son) said I have to do every other day. So as I groaned my way out of bed this morning and have shuffled thru the office today I have been thinking there is no way I can go back there. I am so sore. And there was an incident where I couldn't even lift my leg over one of the machines that I am sure everyone else in the gym probably witnessed. (enough said) Fat, sore & embarrassed.

But, now I have read hey fat girl. So I will carry on. Because I know that even if those people in the gym saw me (& even if they laughed about it with friends later) I do have people that think I am awesome for doing this - and they are cheering me on. So tonight I go to the gym.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel a little less bad about being the fat unfit one at my kickboxing classes that struggles to keep up with everyone else
    Im pretty sure the young fit instructor never thought id show up to the first lesson and afterwoulds never thought id return for more punishment lol im far too stubborn to give up!
  • kashrs1234
    kashrs1234 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!
  • maspicantexfa
    maspicantexfa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and over 200 pounds, and I would feel absolutely humiliated if someone had said that to my face (especially the "hey fat girl" part). Once again singled out and scrutinized for no other reason than my weight and defying what you assume to be the stereotypical behaviors of a person whose body looks like mine. I don't need a pat on the head from a beautiful, fit person for my workout regimen (or self-esteem) to be validated.

Maybe I'm wrong to think this way, but statements like this make me feel objectified and just a little less of a person.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Tears ... this is beautiful!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU :)
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. It deserves to go viral.
  • Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Options
    Just WOW! I know a lot of us are also working on confidence during our journey.
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This really hit home and I needed it to. I have noticed how much I keep my head down and I hate it, but I cringe at the thought of possible judging eyes. Thank you sooo much for posting because I know I should be proud I just get really discouraged.
  • saraemily5
    saraemily5 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you for posting this. I am bawling because this was me. Totally me. Completely me. March 2011 I began training to run 1 mile. I couldn't even run a quarter mile. It has been a LONG long hard road. But this morning I ran 7 miles. Saturday I will run 11. In October I will complete my first half marathon. There were so many days I wanted to quit. I wanted to give up. But I didn't. I kept on trucking. And I don't regret a single step that I have taken. <3
  • bhfood
    bhfood Posts: 77
    Options
    yeah, I've read this one too. made me almost cry too. Sooooooo hits home. another fat girl here.
  • dedemac963
    Options
    Love this! I really see myself in this! Thank you for posting.
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I completely balled a couple of times reading this and some of you guys' on the the thread stories.....very very motivating....I may just go running today...