breakfast ideas?

Options
Im brand spankin new to this site, and just started my journey yesterday. I have a lot of weight to lose, and im determined to stick with this and not get tied down to one specific diet, instead i will be choosing to eat a little of everything in moderation. I've been eating cottage cheese and fruit for breakfast, and its getting old. Im not a big fan of eggs, Any suggestions for fast, easy low-cal high protein breakfasts?

Replies

• HeatherSLosinIt
    HeatherSLosinIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Haha funny, I was eating cottage cheese and fruit for breakfast for a while, but now I have it as a pm snack. I usually have a bowl of oatmeal or just a carnation breakfast essentials drink. I'm not big on breakfast, I used to skip it and just grab a Dew, but someone here told me I should kickstart my metabolism by taking in some actual nutrients :P so.... here I am.
  • jenneal89
    Options
    Things that aren't traditional breakfast foods are good. An avocado, smoked/steamed fish, veggies, green juice, etc etc. I read in health and fitness it help keeps you full for longer instead of eating higher calorie/high carb cereals and toast. Porridge (oatmeal) is also good because it takes longer to digest. I not really like it but it's better mixed with fruit or a bit if brown sugar
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    My absolute favourite and guaranteed filler until lunchtime is porridge/oatmeal!!! I love it made with milk and with crunchy peanut butter stirred in....You can also add banana, honey, raisins, jam etc - whatever you want and usually within 300 calories.
  • lisalovesGodslife
    Options
    Some yummy things I eat that sustain me till lunch and are about 200 cal:
    Dannon light and fit yogurt, 10 almonds, peach (nectarine or apple)

Another is 3 eggs whites scrambled, 2 tb Pace salsa, banana (or peach, pear, or nectarine, and yogurt

High Protein Energy meal Natures Plus Spirutein, I scoup, and you can either blend with ice and a banana or any fruit or drink it and eat a piece of fruit separate for the crunch

These are all filling, but not heavy on the stomach! Enjoy
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    whole wheat english muffin with canadian bacon, lettuce and tomato. I sometimes trade out lean ham or just an egg white for the canadian bacon.

or

1 whole wheat waffle, and a dallop of low-fat cream cheese or cottage cheese with some seasonal fruit.

or

1/2 a baked sweet potato with a dash of cinnamon and a mushroom and egg white omelette

or

a low-fat greek style yogurt with a tbsp of your favoritest crunchy cereal mixed in

those are some of the things I do for breakfast anyhow
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Look for protein, fiber, and good fats to have with your meals ... all 3 will help keep you full

You can go with a high fiber cereal ... mix it in greek yogurt (protein) and add berries (fiber) or nuts (good fat)

Oatmeal mixed with peanut butter (good fat) or protein powder. Or make your oatmeal using milk instead of water ... that adds protein too
  • VinoFonseca
    VinoFonseca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ezekial 7 grain sprouted bread, toasted with slice of deli cheddar (.5 oz ) and sliced apple
    Kashi 7 grain puffs, 1/2 c. Blueberries and 3 oz chobani plain yogurt
    Shrimp sushi
    Grilled turkey tenderloin with 1/2 c. Of Lima beans and pico de gallo

Leftovers !
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Look for protein, fiber, and good fats to have with your meals ... all 3 will help keep you full

^that^