dumb question

Options
I have lost 36 lbs and still can not fit into smaller sizes like 6 because of my hips and butt they always been problem area for me but I have friend who ways weighs about 30 lbs heavier then me but she can almost wear the same size as me I just find that wierd makes me think something is wrong with me. not sure how to lose the area in my hips and butt area so I can wear the smaller sizes my upper body is very toned but have hard time with the lower body always had shape where my butt was big I know having 2 kids can change that part of you but any suggestions? currently weigh 130.6 use to weigh 166 and at the weight because of the hips and butt area I was 16-18. I mean I am happy with losing almost 40 lbs going on 2 years but just wish I could wear smaller clothes sizes.

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,950 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I had the same problem. I don't know how tall you are, but I'm five foot three and at 183 pounds I wore elastic waist size 16 pants. When I got down to 130 I could feel the bones in my ribs, back, collarbone, and shoulders and still carried a ton of flesh on my hips and thighs. At about 120 pounds I could comfortably wear size 6. Even with a lot of walking, stationery bike riding and dancing I still have a lot more padding below my waist ....just keep on doing what you're doing and never, never, never give up.:bigsmile:
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    As they say...buy clothes to fit the largest part of your body and then tailor tailor tailor! Clothes that fit properly no matter what the size will always look smaller.
    Congrats on all your hard work!
    S
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    First off Congratulations on your hard work. Second we are all made different and each off us lose weight in different ways. I also had trouble losing in my hips and thighs. Sometimes they are just the last thing to go. Just don't give up eventually it will happen. And try not to campare yourself to others in my experience that just ends up getting me discouraged.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that a lot of women have experienced this. I have a similar problem with my chest. No matter how much weight I lose, I don't seem to lose any inches off of my chest. It's just our individual body shapes, and we need to feel proud of the work we've done!

:)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,660 Member
    Options
    I have kind of the opposite problem too. It's not so much where I carry my weight as it's how I'm built, but I have narrow hips and broad shoulders and a large rib cage. I always wear a bigger size on the top than the bottom, whether I'm fat or lean. I sometimes envy women with hourglass shapes and slender upper bodies, but then I hear from friends who say they wish they had my slender hips and shapely legs. I think the key is just to make the best of what we have to work with and not worry about the rest. :)
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Lots and Lots of Cardio! Try things like walking, running or dancing that will build muscle on the offending parts and burn the fat. I have a much larger lower body than upper body, and even when I was super fit and wearing a size 4 I thought my butt and thighs looked fat because my upper body was so much smaller. :frown: I guess we just need to be happy with being healthy and fit, and not be so judgemental of ourselves. That's my story and I am sticking to it. :ohwell:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for all postive input
  • firepixie
    Options
    There's always spanx :ohwell: