Looking for fellow running friends

Options
Hey everyone,

I started on MFP about 2 months ago. I started exercising with Jillian Michaels 30DS and have some great friends from that. But now I'm training for a half marathon in December and would love to have some friends who are also runners so I can discuss running related challenges/questions. Friend me if you're interested!

Replies

• samhigh
    samhigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A lot of races offer prep courses where you can train with fellow entrants. You can also try joining the event on FB and finding local people to train with.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. Currently training for a mud run and an 8K!
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me, I'm training for my first half marathon in October.
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    i could use some serious running friends too,anyone feel free to add me too :) OP i sent a friend request to you
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am currently training for another fall full & hopefully an ultra by the end of the year. Guess that makes me a runner! lol Feel free to add me.
  • JPenny12
    JPenny12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    A lot of races offer prep courses where you can train with fellow entrants. You can also try joining the event on FB and finding local people to train with.
    Thanks for the info. But I'm actually from Canada and doing the race in Las Vegas so training with local folks isn't too likely. But good info for another race.
  • melindadunston
    Options
    I am training for a half Oct 21! Feel free to add me. I have lost 22lbs total and my goal is 14 more. Then I am going to reevaluate if I need to loose more.
    I started running in the Spring and did my first 5k this summer. I have a 4miler on labor day and then the half. I am up to running 8miles this saturday on my long run day:)
    I am sick today and was supposed to run 3 but didn't:( I thought it best to rest so I can do my long run Sat.
    ANYWAY...I love running:)
  • tracivee
    tracivee Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm new to running-started in June-and learning to love it. I'm up to 5 mile runs now, which is something I never thought I could ever do!
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, started running last year and am currently training for a 1/2 in November.
  • Slimat30
    Slimat30 Posts: 142
    Options
    Request sent. I run half marathons and full ones :) would love more running friends :happy:
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me....I'm doing my first full in October, have a half in November and December....and February and March. Warning though...I'm a bit of a turtle...but I'm still out there getting it done :-) Crossing that finish line is such a great feeling.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My next mud/obstacle run is on Sept 22nd and I want to KILL it! Add me if you would like!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Anyone here can feel free to add me!
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    My next mud/obstacle run is on Sept 22nd and I want to KILL it! Add me if you would like!

sep 22nd? :huh: you wouldn't happen to be going to the little rock "conquer the gauntlet" that I"M going to for my first ever race would you? :noway:
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you like, I have just started running and am training for triathlon.
  • tenleyzoe
    tenleyzoe Posts: 107
    Options
    All y'all can feel free to add me! (: I run about an hour & a half every morning!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    im a runner! we should be friends
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am from Canada to, western side. I currently run 7/8K on a regular basis, currently just working on running 10K's as I haven't yet decided if I want to run a half or even a marathon. Currently enjoying right where I am at though.

Feel free to friend me - as well as anbody else who wants more running firends.
  • benne1992
    Options
    I'm currently training for my first half September 22! Yikes!!!!! Feel free to add me.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I've got a 5k, 10k, 8 mile mud run/obstacle course and a half marathon all lined up for Oct and Nov. Feel free to add me. I've been running for about a year now. :)