Dr. Bork Bork's Totally Rad Cheeseburger Wraps

Options
DrBorkBork
DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
So I came up with this crazy idea to make a cheeseburger wrap for dinner. IT WAS DELICIOUS! As with my last crazy recipe/idea, you can feed your family for less than $15 with this recipe:

(This is what I paid)
4 Boca All American Grilled Patties ($3.00)
4 Tomatoes ($1)
1 Sweet Onion (50c)
1 Pickle (probably not a whole lot if you already have pickles in the fridge)
1/2 bag shredded lettuce ($1.50)
1 small block velveeta ($2.50)
1 bag flat out flat bread ($2.50)
I'm assuming here that you probably have ketchup & mustard in your fridge, too!

Slice onion & cook until golden brown & soft & juicy (I did this with a George Foreman grill). Grill the Boca patties, mash when done to resemble ground beast, and divide evenly. Dice the 2 tomatoes. Dice pickle. Cut block velveeta (as much as you think your family will need), nuke slowly in microwave until melted & creamy.
Plate 1 flat out flat bread for each person. Spread velveeta on 1/2 the flatbread for each person. Add ground boca, onions, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, and lettuce. Go crazy on the veggies!
Fold flatbread like giant taco & relish it's candy-like sweetness. A cheeseburger never tasted so gosh darn good! Enjoy everything that falls out on to your plate as an equally sweet salad. You won't need dressing, the ketchup & mustard do that quite nicely.

Total damage: $11, and 464 calories per wrap.

I have no reason to go to a fast food burger joint ever again!

Replies

• ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Yum! Sounds pretty great to me! Are you vegetarian or just eat boca burgers? I'm not vegetarian or vegan, but you wouldn't know that by my fridge. I usually have soy milk, and at least a few frozen veggie products. I learned to like them when I was a vegetarian, and can't unlike them now. :-)
  • trinicatt
    Options
    Sounds good, but you really shouldn't use processed velveeta cheese - try some local cheese instead. Better for the environment AND your belly!

Wow - 4 tomatoes for $1? Lucky/ I just paid $2.99/lb
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Are you vegetarian or just eat boca burgers?

Nope. I is a CARNIVORE! I am just trying to find a healthier alternative to ground beef, and Boca seemed like a good option. Just wish I could find something lower in sodium.
    We are slowly cultivating a garden of frozen veggies in our freezer. Stir Fry mixes rule the roost at the moment.
    Okay, okay, i confess. I'm slowly shifting more toward becoming an omnivore.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I like Boca the best too, but if anyone has any other good ideas, I'd like to hear them.
  • ali258
    Options
    I usually get Morningstar Farms. I especially love the veggie corn dogs and the veggie breakfast sausage links. The sausage goes great with Eggos.
  • hjmygatt
    Options
    I loved sausage and eggs and toast for breakfast on the weekends, but stopped eating the sausage when I started using this website.How are the veggie breakfast sausages - taste and calorie wise?
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey could also work well in your recipes.. And jennny 0 turkey breakfast sausages are great...I sound like our friend Bob on the biggest loser.
  • ali258
    Options
    I loved sausage and eggs and toast for breakfast on the weekends, but stopped eating the sausage when I started using this website.How are the veggie breakfast sausages - taste and calorie wise?

They taste a lot like sage, and have a chunky sausage-like texture. They remind me a little of Thanksgiving stuffing, since they're thick and almost bready. They taste great, but they don't taste exactly like sausage. I don't have a box right now, but the info on here says the Morningstar Farms brand is 80 calories for 2 links, and that sounds about right.

That same brand also makes veggie sausage patties, and they have a more sausage-like texture. I prefer the taste of the links though.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    bump..totally going to have to try this!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Let me know what you think of it when you try it! :)
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious. i love the morningstar black bean burgers, they are soo good
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    FUN!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I am just trying to find a healthier alternative to ground beef, and Boca seemed like a good option. Just wish I could find something lower in sodium.

Why not try 92% or 96% lean ground beef? 140 calories per 4oz serving for the 96% lean. 160 calories per 4 oz serving for 92% lean. Boca burgers aren't 4oz each, so they're actually higher in calories than very lean ground beef. Read your labels! :smile: Now, I love Morningstar Farms products and actually eat them on a fairly regular basis, but I can't deny many of them are full of sodium and honestly aren't the same quality of calories as actual lean meat. I think the case could easily be made that lean ground beef is actually the healthier option.

Good idea with the wraps, though. I may have to alter it (I hate velveeta with so much passion. ick!) and try it out -- Thanks!!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Let me know how it turns out for you. We are going to try ground turkey once we run out of ground beef :)