Workplace Wellness Progress

Options
Wonder if you ... for those that work ... have wellness programs in your place of employment. If so, does you employer give any incentives and what does your program involve?

Replies

• captnemo44
    captnemo44 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do t i get $20.00 off a month on my gym membership as long as i go 12 times in a month.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I work at a small college - I can use the campus facilities (workout rooms, gyms, pool, tennis courts, etc) for free but I really don't want to be around 18-20-yr old athletes when I'm trying to lose another 85 pounds.

But they also offer:
    1/2 price discounts on the gym I belong to (I don't think there's is a minimum I have to attend)
    discount on Weight Watchers
    marked walking/running routes on campus from 1-3 miles
    discounts on campus wellness classes like yoga, weightlifting, strengthening. bootcamps, etc
    a few discounts on local wellness classes
    our insurance offers wellness classes too - some are active classes like yoga and some are just informative
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    We have quarterly challanges with prizes, like see who can get the most steps in a month, or something like that, and then they also match our Blue Cross Blue Sheild fitness program. So they both give us $150.00 back for going to the gym, which is awesome because my gym is only $19.99 a month So I actually get paid $60.00 a year to go to the gym.
  • kturner2012
    Options
    We have a wellness program that offers the following:

- 50% off of your gym membership for you, your spouse and any dependants as long as the combination of your visits totals 80 a quarter
    - $50 discount on insurance premiums if you and your spouse (if covered) have a wellness check (blood work, and general physical) once a year.
    - Children's activity discounts (ie. sports)

It's pretty awesome. My husband and I end up paying only one gym membership instead of two!
  • shannonmci
    shannonmci Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    We have several:

Paid gym membership for all employees
    Paid Weight Watchers for each employee if they chose. On site meetings two times a week
    Discounted insurance rates if you do not smoke
    Quarterly weight loss challenges with very high dollar prizes
    Health Fairs in our cafeteria
    Walking work stations (work stations that are treadmills that you can schedule time on in half hour increments)
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    We have several:

Paid gym membership for all employees
    Paid Weight Watchers for each employee if they chose. On site meetings two times a week
    Discounted insurance rates if you do not smoke
    Quarterly weight loss challenges with very high dollar prizes
    Health Fairs in our cafeteria
    Walking work stations (work stations that are treadmills that you can schedule time on in half hour increments)

THIS is really awesome. sounds like your work is very health centered. Unfortunately I work at a Sandwich shop, I guess healthy eating is promoted? lmao.