To the apple shaped women out there!

Options
2»

Replies

• TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I am an apple to the core (See what I did there? :p)
    I'm a size 18/20 pants and a size 24/26 in shirts. :(

Whenever I get discouraged though I just remind myself that I can do 20 minutes of cardio now, getting my heart rate up and not feel like I'm having a heart attack.
    I've been overweight all my life and I want this damn belly to go!
    But to keep motivated, find that change in your life that reminds you that even if it's not showing quickly on the outside, we are healthier for just watching our calories and working out. :)
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    It really paid off! You look AMAZING.
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Think Im more of a pineapple, lol. Ugh. Lost loads of weight and not much from the belly area. Lots from face, arms, legs, butt and boobs, but the belly lives on. ugh!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    It is hard, hard, hard! I got down to 14% body fat and all of it was around my middle. Ugh. I had veins popping on my arms while sporting a muffin top. :sad:

My husband says when we get settled in our new location he would support liposuction if that is what I want. Mother nature can be so cruel, sometimes.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    I too carry all my weight in the middle. I am new here. have 4 stents in my heart, am hypo thyroid, type 2 diabetic. Hysterectomy and ovaries removed 21 yrs.ago. I find it almost impossible to loose weight. when I foung out last year that I was diabetic, I followed a strict diabetic diet ate raw veggies by the bowl full, rode my stationary bike 1-3 miles everyday. in 2 and a half months I only lost 4 lbs. I am totally discouraged. I never was heavy untill my thyroid went out and all the female stuff happened. I had 2 kids and weighd 115-120 lbs. I am only 5' 2" and now weigh 190. My thyroid is under control so is the diabetes. I am on 14 diff. meds.My middle is so round that when pants fit my waist, I can fold over at least 5-6 inches on each thigh and butt. So Iam looking for pals to begin my journey. I am from WI where is everyone from?

I too have the hypo tyroid curse! Weight loss was nearly impossible for me until I got put on a second thyroid med...cytomel (sp) a synthetic T3 where synthroid is a T4...if your levels look ok when tested but you still feel like you have symptoms (hard to lose wieght, heavy feeling limbs, dry skin, dry hair, slow speach...) talk to your doctor about the second Rx...I feel like it gave me my life back!
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I can't relate being pear-shaped but if it makes you guys feel any better, I'm extremely jealous that you apples always have skinny legs!!
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    another apple here and another vote for heavy lifting. i seem to have inherited my mom's apple shape, but she's overweight, so hers is much more pronounced than mine, and with her high blood pressure, cholesterol, and obvious visceral fat, i decided to do whatever it takes to avoid the problems she has and will continue to have, and try to encourage/inspire her to make some changes too.

but my middle stores all the excess. i'm muscular in my limbs but i know i'll never have abs that show, and after i eat i have a really fun barrel belly.

the heavy compound lifts are great fat burners, and hiit seems to help too, but body shape is what it is, and i'm resigned to never having abs that show.
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I can't relate being pear-shaped but if it makes you guys feel any better, I'm extremely jealous that you apples always have skinny legs!!

This is exactly why I deal with the stomach fat. My legs get thin & muscular very quickly along with my arms. I can hide my stomach as its shrinking & show off my legs with short skirts & high heels! :)
  • lsepper
    Options
    When I first started running & changing my diet I lost my belly pretty quickly. Now I am going through menopause so the belly is back. I am just watching my diet & keeping on. Thats all you can do is just keep working at it because it is a constant battle. Once you change your eating habits it helps with the other items
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    [/quote

lol thats sweet but i rather have a lovely pear shaped body than having skinny chicken legs..
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    [/quote

lol thats sweet but i rather have a lovely pear shaped body than having skinny chicken legs..

:(((
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm 31, 5'9, mother of 3, and started MFP at 180 lbs in February. I've lost 24 pounds since. The first 20 came off in 5 months and since then, it's been a pound here, a pound there. I started doing just cardio (elliptical/Turbo Jam) for an hour a day/ 5 days a week. I started 30 Day Shred/strength training for 30 minutes a day/5 days a week WITH 30 minutes of cardio/5days a week to get more weight/inches off after being stuck on a plateau for a month or two. Total time I spend is 1 hour of exercise, 5 days a week. And I've lost inches and 4 more pounds and I have a WAIST now! I have changed my apple shape, it CAN be done! You might not notice until you are closer to your ideal weight/healthy BMI, in my opinion.
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh and of course, everytime I eat under/at my calorie goal consistently and eat healthy/clean calories I see a jump. If I had stuck more consistently to my calorie goal everyday, I know I would weigh even less now. I struggle more with eating healthy than getting my workouts in.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome.Congrats to you !!!

I am 18 weeks PP and wanting to do the 30 DS for a while. Is it easy on the knees? What cardio do you do?
  • Ann1964x
    Options
    you look wonderful & I am going to start lifting heavy too.
    I am at 133 with a 33 inch waist. (huge)
    I tried everything, absolutely everything and I still had a disproportionately large belly. Then I found heavy lifting, and it really has gone. I've opened up my profile temporarily - there are some 'before and after lifting pics there - hope you can see the difference.
  • lisam191
    Options
    Yes i carry all my weight round the middle. My tummy is so fat. It also goes to my upper arms.
  • danilee1020
    danilee1020 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What exactly is heavy lifting? Do I need machines to achieve this? Also, I notice us apples look younger than we are. Must be our filler chub in our faces ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!