When did you start seeing a change?

Options
Hi! So I'm nearly 10 lbs down from where I started. I don't yet see any difference in how I look, or feel a difference in how my clothes fit. I'm hoping to soon, though! The only change I've felt is that I now don't feel starving all the time on my lower calorie eating plan (which of course is great).
So at what point did you look at yourself in the mirror and say, "Hey look at that! I've lost weight!" ?

Replies

• rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    If you haven't yet, take some before pictures so that you'll be able to compare in the future as well as tracking your measurements. It's great that you are ten pounds down though! Are you working out as well as changing your eating habits? I noticed that I've lost a couple inches - nobody else other than my hubby has commented but that's fine - I can see the changes and see the increase in stamina and endurance when I work out.
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I got comments from others that were seeing a change before I saw any change. I felt a change much sooner than I saw any. For me, I probably fist noticed a significant change in the shape of my body 6 weeks in or so, although like I said, others had noticed a difference.

Be patient- know that what you are doing IS good for you and you will reach your goals!
  • milatham
    milatham Posts: 19
    Options
    If you haven't yet, take some before pictures so that you'll be able to compare in the future as well as tracking your measurements. It's great that you are ten pounds down though! Are you working out as well as changing your eating habits? I noticed that I've lost a couple inches - nobody else other than my hubby has commented but that's fine - I can see the changes and see the increase in stamina and endurance when I work out.

I didn't take before pictures because I feel like there are plenty floating around with me at the 'high' weight : / Maybe I should upload some though!
    I'm working out a little, but because of work and school, not as much as I would like. But it's not a huge deal to me as long as the numbers are going the right direction!
  • milatham
    milatham Posts: 19
    Options
    I got comments from others that were seeing a change before I saw any change. I felt a change much sooner than I saw any. For me, I probably fist noticed a significant change in the shape of my body 6 weeks in or so, although like I said, others had noticed a difference.

Be patient- know that what you are doing IS good for you and you will reach your goals!

Thank you! : )
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I noticed a change in clothes fitting at 10/15 lbs but couldn't see a difference. Others commented when I lost 25/30lbs. The only way I can 'see' it is looking at before and during photos. Technology makes it so much easier when you can compare old photos side by side with the new ones as you take them. I take photos every 4 weeks to do the comparison , it helps me stay motivated.

Good luck
  • KajsaRedman
    Options
    Well done!
    I think you should start to feel a different in your clothes soon.

I will take some photos today and keep doing it every four weeks as rubyjune27 suggests. Thanks.
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Definitely take pics. I have to send them to my coach weekly & so glad I have to now as I'm starting to progress! W/o the pics i probably wouldn't have noticed as much.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I really didn't notice much of a change for a long long time. But I also didn't notice it when I started to gain a lot of weight too. And one day I looked in the mirror (literally no joke) and noticed that I'm not longer a fat guy. That was an amazing moment!!!! Lol, I saw it one day, but not the day before. I still have a ways to go (not just losing weight, but fitness goals after I lose the rest) but I now can be confident in my appearance....something I've never experienced in my entire life. So, even if you don't "see" your results keep at it :) and one day, you walk by a mirror and something in your head will say "is that really me? I can see it now!!!"