subway

Options
I thought I would have subway club yesterday with cheese I love pepper jack cheese and said that was almost 1500 grams of sodium!!!! I thought subway was suppose to be healthy they say that all the time on the biggest loser.

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    subway is healthy if you consider it up against Mcdonalds. The meat is where you get all your sodium, alot of diet dont watch sodium, I know weight watchers doesnt. You amazing how aware you become when you start watching these things. I always get a veggie and get my favorite cheese. Anything that is preserved is loaded with sodium and sodium is where we get water retention. Hope this help at least you added it and saw how much was in it, next time you probably wont do it.

Have a great day!!!
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    Not everything.... Check out the nutritional info on their website to make a better selection. I love the oven roasted chicken sub
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    thanks so much
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    have u guys tried that buffalo chicken there yet
  • Tennyshoe
    Options
    Actually, the cheese is where you take a big hit with sodium. Meat can also be a culprit, especially if cured (i.e. bacon or ham). Oven roasted chicken, minus the cheese, with vegetables is the way to go.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    When it comes to the meats, don't eat anything a caveman wouldn't recognize.

Sliced Ham = Good.
    Sliced roast beef = Good.
    Sliced bologna/salami/something else = Poison.

That stuff is all the garbage they couldn't sell as a real cut of meat, ground up, cooked, and seasoned with enough spices and salt to mask the fact that you're eating lips/ears/cuttings/you-don't-wanna-knows,,, etc.

I like the roast beef sub - still salty, but 750 is better.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Get their veggie delight on whole grain - no cheese, no sauce. Low cal and 500 mg of sodium

Load it with all the veggies
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options
    Get their veggie delight on whole grain - no cheese, no sauce. Low cal and 500 mg of sodium

do you know how many calories? this sounds delicious if its toasted
  • TARALABAMA
    Options
    Congrats on the huge weight loss, I can only imagine how hard your journey has been. You know, there are so many people out there that need to lose 100+, but not all are strong enough to do it. So, congrats and keep up the hard work. And Congrats on the marathon, I would be terrified!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

you can get all their nutritional info right off their website.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I actually like subway for the most part. check their nutrition info on their site. However be aware that all those low cal/ low fat/ stuff they advertise is without any condiments or cheese. that's what gets ya.

I usually like their roasted chicken with all the veggies on honey oat bread + sweet onion sauce, if I calculated that right it should only be about 320 cals for a 6inch.

atleast subway is better than quiznos diet wise - their salads alone are like 600+ cals
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

you can get all their nutritional info right off their website.

230 calories
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I :heart: the veggie delite - no cheese/mayo. Think I could eat one for every meal.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Me Too,
    Veggie delight on honey oat - but I like swiss cheese (low sodium) vinegar and a little lite mayo, tangy, crunchy and delish!!
    And yes, I could eat this everyday - but usually ends up being 1-2 times per week!
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    My only problem is that I go there with good intentions and then slip up with the ranch...never fails every time
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Me Too,
    Veggie delight on honey oat - but I like swiss cheese (low sodium) vinegar and a little lite mayo, tangy, crunchy and delish!!
    And yes, I could eat this everyday - but usually ends up being 1-2 times per week!

Bingo - honey oat. Yum! I also do the vinegar & sometimes mustard. Just depends on my mood.
  • Tennyshoe
    Options
    The veggie delight, without cheese or dressing, is a good nutritional choice. EXCEPT, it only has 8gm of protein. That may be fine for a snack, but it's unacceptable for a meal. Choosing the oven roasted chicken adds approximately 100 cals, but triple the protein. Any of the meat-based "6 gms of fat or less" subs are a better choice. If you prefer the veggie version, you'd better add protein some other way.