Melatonin

Options
13»

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I do. Take it every day for years. There is an adjustment period when you first start taking it with lots of wild dreams. Some were good but strange, but there were some pretty scary nightmares in there too. That usually goes away after 3-5 days. It is your mind's way of clearing the cobwebs that have built up due to sleep deprivation.

I wake up in the morning refreshed, and should I need to get up in the middle of the night for any reason, I have no problem waking up and functioning normally. Other sleep aids I've tried left me feeling disoriented and in a fog until they wore off. Even then, mornings were not fun.
  • thomasglee
    Options
    Since I've started working out regularly again, I cannot sleep worth a damn every other night. I've taken melatonin, but it doesn't work very well for me. When it does seem to work, I am drowsy then next day and I do have some weird dreams. Took four 3 MG tabs earlier tonight and I'm still wide awake. I've tried turning off everything and just lying in bed, I've tried listening to music, to lessons on my iPhone and even took a tylenol with codeine and still can't fall asleep.
  • summergrl17
    summergrl17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I searched this topic because I had a really bad experience yesterday with Melatonin.I was groggy and wanted to eat junk food all day. I went to McDonald's 2x in one day - for breakfast and lunch! And I didn't make low cal/low fat choices. I ate the way I eat when I'm under stress and haven't had enough sleep. I felt disconnected the entire day. Just wanted to take the path of least resistance (meaning not exercising, cooking, packing healthy food for the day or taking the stairs at work). I'm not taking them anymore! I'd been taking half a tablet = probably .5 mg every night for about a week. It had been helping me fall asleep but I felt slightly groggy in the morning and not rested but then that's normal because I don't usually feel rested after a night's sleep since I'm a night owl and getting up in the morning is rarely easy for me. I took the whole tablet Sunday night because I had stayed up really late the night before and so my sleep cycle was off. I needed to go to bed early on Sunday because I was aiming to get up at 6am on Monday...start the week off right and all that crap. I fell asleep about 11 pm and woke up at 2:45 am and could not fall back asleep. I debated about getting up but thought I better try to get more sleep but I ended up just watching TV until 6am and then I fell asleep - of course at the time I wanted to get up. I woke up about 830am and made it into work. I was able to think clearly at work but physically, like I said, I didn't want to exert any energy taking care of myself.