Can Somebody Help?

havingitall
havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Please stop those chocolates from calling my name. Somebody dropped off a fruit basket here at work with chocolates in it. I cut up the pineapple and that got eaten by everybody...but those darn chocolates are calling to me!

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    chocolate has a way of doing that :laugh:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    tell them no!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Please stop those chocolates from calling my name. Somebody dropped off a fruit basket here at work with chocolates in it. I cut up the pineapple and that got eaten by everybody...but those darn chocolates are calling to me!

Vicky you dont need them...they are bad for you...It will just get you wanting more....Dont do it....Did that help?? I hope so

seems whenever I eat something that is bad for me I fly off the handle and eat everything under the sun bad for me.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    i buy wEIGHT WAtchers chocolate.. even though this morning something inside my small brain was like "BUY CHOCOLATEEEEE!" So I caved in.. jingle bell butterfingers and jingle bell reeses.. Wanna know the good thing??? I HAVEN'T EVEN THOUGHT OF OPENING THE BAG..well until now ofcourse... its sitting in my locker.. but I've done good thus far, even dropping 3 lbs from Monday..yay
  • Just tell yourself they don't taste good.

I try to keep myself from going in the kitchen/break room at work so that I don't have to look at the goodies.
  • atodaro
    atodaro Posts: 27 Member
    80 pounds lost? Wow! You just remind yourself that you are in control!

One friend told me her Jenny Craig advice was to understand that one tastes just like the other, so give in and have one, and tell your self there is nothing good to be gained by having more than one... just live with the memory of that one indulgence. Course, if there is a variety of chocolates in the box, that does not work.

So remind yourself of why you care about losing or keeping that weight off. Is it to look good in that little black dress or that swim suit? Close your eyes and picture yourself in it and tell yourself how great you look in it.

Is it because your doctor said you would have a stroke or a heart attack if you did not drop the extra pounds? Remind yourself of the people who would miss you if you died young.

For me, the thing that works sometimes is to count the calories I have already had today, estimate what I plan to eat the rest of the day, and then see what the effect of that chocolate will be. I use the MYFitnessPal home page to see what happens to my five week forecast if I have just an extra fifty calories everyday. (Course, if we are talking fudge, fifty calories is too low) I also will run the numbers using the assumption I ate six or eight candies, and added an extra 400 calories. Then I look at the "If everyday was like this you would weigh ___ in five weeks" After that it is easier for me to walk away or stop with one.

Good luck.

PS Tomorrow, bring lots of cut up fresh veggies and keep them around through the holidays so you don't get hungry and more tempted by all the extra goodies that seem to appear. Maybe stock the office fridge with sugar free jello?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    oh boy there's a big chocolate truffle cake in the break room that has been tempting me all week. My solution walk in there, drink a glass of water, look at it and realize it's not worth the 300 cals or more.
  • Robby
    Robby Posts: 41
    Just think of the guilt you will feel after you eat them...that helps me.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I'm a chocolate lover, myself, but no amount of chocolate tastes nearly as good as the success of losing weight! Think of how happy you are when you weigh in and you drop another pound or two. Does the chocolate taste nearly as good as that sweet sensation? I don't think so.

You can resist! We all have faith in you. :)
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    Quick, Chew a piece of gum! It can help curb your craving because you are chewing and tasting something!
  • think about the truffle shuffle ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5whaRkuipU ) and just say no!
  • Reeder
    Reeder Posts: 20
    I'm a chocolate lover too! Don't fret. I, the biggest coca cola drinker stopped it COLD TURKEY in April! I am weening myself to a certain amount of chocolate a day. If I drink swiss miss hot chocolate, then I know I can only eat a couple of small peices of some kind of chocolate. I used to eat bags of M&M's in one day!
    Eventually, I will be at just a few pieces a day to help me out.
    Also, if you can't go cold turkey like I can't, try some Nestle Semi Sweet morsels. Just eat a few a day and at least you won't feel deprived. It's easier said then done to just say NO sometimes.
    Good luck!
  • Reeder
    Reeder Posts: 20
    I'm a chocolate lover too! Don't fret. I, the biggest coca cola drinker stopped it COLD TURKEY in April! I am weening myself to a certain amount of chocolate a day. If I drink swiss miss hot chocolate, then I know I can only eat a couple of small peices of some kind of chocolate. I used to eat bags of M&M's in one day!
    Eventually, I will be at just a few pieces a day to help me out.
    Also, if you can't go cold turkey like I can't, try some Nestle Semi Sweet morsels. Just eat a few a day and at least you won't feel deprived. It's easier said then done to just say NO sometimes.
    Good luck!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Nothing taste's as good as thin feels :wink:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Nothing taste's as good as thin feels :wink:

That is the cutest christmas ticker!!!

~Leash :heart:
This discussion has been closed.