I'm new, and determined

Options
I want to say hello to all the people on this forum. Currently I am 291 lbs and I have been having trouble sleeping for the past few months because of my blood pressure. This past winter I had severe Pneumonia, and hospitalized three times. I have 2 young daughters who deserve my health until they get married and out of college. That will be a far ways down the road. My goal weight is in the neighborhood of low 170s where I once was when I was jogging 10 miles per night. The reason for my weight loss is that it started in college, and it persisted 10 years after. I used to work in construction which kept me in shape in the summer, but since then i have a sedentary job and sedentary lifestyle. I want to be in better shape and live life to the fullest. Thank You to everyone out there who reads this post, and hope we go through this journey together.

Replies

• squires03071986
    squires03071986 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello, I will send you a friend request, I am on here daily and will try and support you as best I can. Good luck :-)
  • MyTime1207
    MyTime1207 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best in your weight loss and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to send me an email.
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you took the first step by coming to MFP. Your health is always most important and with two young girls one of the best thing you could do for them is let them see you become healthy. Feel free to add me as a friend for support. I wish you all the best as your journey begins!
  • pberta
    pberta Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can do this!
  • tenaheff
    tenaheff Posts: 88
    Options
    Welcome. I am also new. I find this site incredible. I especially love the mobile app. It makes it so easy to track foods. Good luck on your weightloss journey.

Tena
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi Robert...welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me :D
  • KELSLEY123
    KELSLEY123 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Regarding your comment: I have 2 young daughters who deserve my health until they get married and out of college.

They deserve you health way longer than that!!!! Think grandchildren!!! In addition, YOU deserve health. Getting healthy is not a one time thing - it is an ongoing process; I have realized that health is NOT an option; it is a privelege (ugh, didn't spell that right); my body needs ME to take care of it....it cannot do it on it's own. While I have been fortunate regarding my weight (although I have lost over 20 pounds) I have had health problems (and come from a suck gene pool!) that have literally gone away (not the gene pool; the health problems...hahah). No more high blood pressure, digestion problems, etc., etc. NO PILLS! I am 54 years old (young) and feel half my age. I have never felt better and it is a FABULOUS FEELING. Exercise and eating healthy (not dieting) are my drugs. (and yes, I cheat - on eating that is - but with the way I eat - I am on the Macro Nutrition plan - cheating is almost not necessary because I eat what I want as long as I stay within my macro targets (Carbs/Fat/Protein).

Ok, I am rambling now - but you can do this - you deserve this - this is a great website with alot of helpful tools and people!

WELCOME!!!!

(and it's "Kelsey" not "Kelsley" like the username says. Unfortunate typo!
  • canichange
    canichange Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Robert

Sending you a request now. Would love to be part of your weight loss journey:smile:
  • RobertCu
    RobertCu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Robert

Sending you a request now. Would love to be part of your weight loss journey:smile:

Thank You all for your generous support. I will support you any way I can too.