AWESOME diet soda cake!!!

Options
So... this is just amazing.. I had to share....

I was kinda skeptical of the diet soda cakes but I figured I would give it a try...

I got the lemon supreme cake and mixed it with Cranberry splash diet Sierra mist.... OMG!!!!

You make the cake just like every other diet soda cake although I messed up on the eggs, I broke one of the 3 egg yolks.. so instead of using 3 egg whites like people said, I ended up with 2 whites and 1 whole egg...

Did the eggs, 1 and 1/4 cups of the soda and the cake mix and baked it like the box said.... Ok... That in of itself was awesome enough!!

THEN.... I made homemade cream cheese icing... and wow!!

It was:

an 8oz tub of fat free cream cheese
5 Tbs butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
12 packets of Splenda... more or less depending on your taste...

Mix it all together and it is awesome!!

I made the cake in one of the big 9x13 metal pans and cut it into 24 equal squares... each piece came out to just at 125 calories!!!!! Icing and all.. It was amazing.. seriously the best cake I have ever eaten... Light and fluffy and soooo flavorful!!

I just HAD to share!!!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• jzbaby626
    Options
    yummm that sounds good....i might just have to make that! :love:
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I see on your profile your 5'2....you should join our Fit & Fun Sized Group (for shorites under 5'4")!:flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Yum, thanks for sharing I think I will try that for Christmas desert!!!!!
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    I see on your profile your 5'2....you should join our Fit & Fun Sized Group (for shorites under 5'4")!:flowerforyou:

I'm still kinda new to all this so I'mnot quite sure how to actually join groups and stuff... kinda dumb I know but hey it's Thursday.. I'm allowed to be slow:glasses:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather. You can actually completely skip the eggs. :)
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    Hi Heather. You can actually completely skip the eggs. :)

I thought about that... I know for next time... It was awesome.. I was telling my stepmom I should overnight them some to Florida haha
  • jzbaby626
    Options

I'm still kinda new to all this so I'mnot quite sure how to actually join groups and stuff... kinda dumb I know but hey it's Thursday.. I'm allowed to be slow:glasses:

It's ok lol. im pretty new too, so im gonna try to put the link in here lets see if it works. You don't have to do anything to officially join. Just post and say you want to be apart of the group. Once you make a post the link will show up on your profile, so you can just click on it to find it again. Its good to have a little support from other short ladies trying to lose weight.

Link : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/72093--fit-and-fun-sized-week-2
  • mabella17
    Options
    I LOVE making the cakes with diet pop, but I leave EVERYTHING out. I only use the cake mix with diet pop :drinker:
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    bump
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump